User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Training with Werner part 4

So far I have been with my trainer for almost two weeks. It really sucks and I want a different trainer but I'm afraid it will look bad and prolong my six week training period at 225 a week take home. Yesterday I missed an exit and my trainer just blew up at me. Gave me a 30 min speel on how students always screw up and don't know crap.

I told him I'm sorry but he kept going on and on and that's when I said, that's why I have a trainer to learn.

Man he got pissed and said its my fing truck, I'm the fing trainer and if you don't like it then your done.

This pissed me off because it was my 2nd mistake in driving directions in about 11 days and I have only showered once.

If I leave and ask for a new trainer it could delay me several days and looks bad on my report.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

No Speak up your SO CALLED TRAINER is not doing his job. I am a former trainer myself and never would be treating you the way you are being treated. Turn him NOW yes it will delay a few days but your saftey is just as important plus may get him decertified as a trainer. You need to learn from a REAL TRAINER not someone that feels all you are is a SECOND set of hours. Send a Qcom message to the head of Saftey and flat out ask for a new trainer for your health and the fact he is flat out UNSAFE AS A TRAINER.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

YOU NEED TO CALL AND REQUEST A REAL TRAINER NOW.

No one deserves to be treated this way. You are right you are there to learn, and this idiot you are with is suppose to be there to teach. This is not happening and more than enough time has passed for things to have settled down.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Senior Board Member

One last thing.

You need to step back and ask yourself, "If things continue as they are, am I truly going to be prepared for being a solo driver? Is my success worth spending an extra calendar week in training?"
Old 11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Rookie

I went through training with werner and you just need to call you SDM they understand that you don't alway get along with everyone and they will place you with a new trainer. Don't sit there taking all that crap form your current trainer you're not learning anything if you are always worried about what your trainer is going to say. Plus when you fill out the reveiw make sure to everything in it about every trainer you have had.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
No Speak up your SO CALLED TRAINER is not doing his job. I am a former trainer myself and never would be treating you the way you are being treated. Turn him NOW yes it will delay a few days but your saftey is just as important plus may get him decertified as a trainer. You need to learn from a REAL TRAINER not someone that feels all you are is a SECOND set of hours. Send a Qcom message to the head of Saftey and flat out ask for a new trainer for your health and the fact he is flat out UNSAFE AS A TRAINER.

Fact is you may have been a decent trainer ,But the majority of trainers are not , And the chances of ending up in pretty much the same situation is pretty good . And pretty much every trainer will use him as a second set of hours ,as it is this second set of hours that allows the trainer to run extra miles at a discount CPM and make an alright check from jumbo sized miles by running like a team , so because almost every trainer at Werner is a trainer because Werner pays JACK SH$T per mile and their trips for solo OTR drivers look more like runs YELLOW ROADWAY would do it leaves only way to make money Which is to run an absurd amount of miles by putting a student on your truck . With this student you will also see some very long runs ...Like you should in the first place as an OTR driver ...

Here is something for the student to ponder...You are making a gross pay rate of $325.00 WK if you go 48 state you will start out at .26 CPM , and very likely you will only see 1800-2000 miles per wk , so you will only be making on average about $180.00 more than in training...And lets hope you don't go on one of those Regional fleets like Western or any of them as you will be making 15 CPM on your deadhead...That's right I said .15CPM DEADHEAD , And you will be making .21 Cpm on trips at 500miles and over ,Which is funny ,Because it seems that with this discounted rate of .21 CPM for trips at 500 or more you see tons of them plus a few hundred DH miles ....This makes for average pay weeks of around $500.00 GROSS @2500 miles on these regional runs , Which you may not always see 2500 miles a week at the...W....All this and you get paid by household movers guide miles to boot . I rember running a full 1000 mile trip between DH/LD miles and only made $170.00 because of the .15 CPM deadhead . You will go from running tons of miles as a student at $325 wk to running at most 2500wk with many 1800 mile weeks , and your issues will trade from a bad trainer to making JACK sH$T as a qualified driver :wink:
Old 11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Rookie

Well when backing into a dock to back up a bit slower I pushed in the clutch and he yelled at me for 20 min how you should never do that etc. Then I just got angry telling him I'm trying. He says how the hell will I learn backing up if I keep talking. So I said f that and called my manager requesting a new trainer. The bad part is our hours are shot and we are in Minnesota and closest place I can be dropped off at is PA
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkaddon
Well when backing into a dock to back up a bit slower I pushed in the clutch and he yelled at me for 20 min how you should never do that etc. Then I just got angry telling him I'm trying. He says how the hell will I learn backing up if I keep talking. So I said f that and called my manager requesting a new trainer. The bad part is our hours are shot and we are in Minnesota and closest place I can be dropped off at is PA

Well for most that are new the truck does not feel comfortable especially in reverse ,as you tend to over steer and you have little feel for judging speed of trailer correction ,, And you want to cluth to slow down ...This only gets better with time , and when you get comfortable with the truck you will not over work the clutch , as you will noty feel like the truck is speeding away from you ...However there are times when you need to edge in super slow and if you are in low rang reverse there is only one way to go much slower , and that is to work the clutch a little ...Your trainer probably only showers 1x weekly b/c he can't back a truck stop at any hour of the day comfortably ... :wink:
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Rookie

I am so sorry to hear this!

But listen, do not wait for allentown, call you sdm up and tell them you feel threatened and need off the truck ASAP!

Request to be dropped in indy or Springfield, oh. You can also take a bus. If your sdm will not help, then ask to speak to the supervisor.

Just remember to say you feel threatened and it is unsafe to be in the truck with him.

God speed!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 AM

Definately report this guy. He obviously has a temper, and he does not appear to be safe, he is not clean, AND HE IS THE KIND OF DRIVER THAT GIVES US A BAD REP AND MAKES THE PUBLIC HATE US.