User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default D.O.T. QUESTION....

So I got a call the other day from my employer which I thought was odd. He said that when I was hired, roughly 3 months ago, that the pre-employment drug screen I took was a non-DOT one??? And since we're supposedly being audited by D.O.T. this week, he says they pulled my file and noticed the error, and required him to give me another pre employment test, but a DOT one, mind you 3 months after I've been working!!! Does this sound legit??? He's always scammin and makin others look bad due to his negligence...... and no I'm supposedly off until the results come back!!! A little help/knowledge here would be great!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Default Re: D.O.T. QUESTION....

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
So I got a call the other day from my employer which I thought was odd. He said that when I was hired, roughly 3 months ago, that the pre-employment drug screen I took was a non-DOT one??? And since we're supposedly being audited by D.O.T. this week, he says they pulled my file and noticed the error, and required him to give me another pre employment test, but a DOT one, mind you 3 months after I've been working!!! Does this sound legit??? He's always scammin and makin others look bad due to his negligence...... and no I'm supposedly off until the results come back!!! A little help/knowledge here would be great!!!
I thoroughly enjoy your posts and how you get into such "whacky" and "zaney" adventures each and every week.You should approach a&e about a show.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostProphet
Quote:
I thoroughly enjoy your posts and how you get into such "whacky" and "zaney" adventures each and every week.You should approach a&e about a show.

:lol: Thanks..... I really did need the laugh believe it or not.

But it struck me as wierd..... I'm at a place called Crane Composities in Florence, KY live unloadin when I got the call to swing by the HQ in Columbus, OH on my way back to Toledo, OH. I thought this was odd, but it wasn't out of character for the boss to throw a wrench in my day and add loads. My question is, since D.O.T. was there and will be there all week doing their audit, having pulled my file and noticed this company error, would they really just make the company RE-give me a pre-employment DOT test...... AND make me sit off duty until the results are returned???? Or is this something the company is doing? Do I have any rights in this??? Could I demand the DOT members name/number to confirm all of this, jsut to be sure its not due to a lack of freight or some other crap???
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

It could be. Your boss could have screwed up and ordered a basic pre employment drug screen instead of specifying a DOT sensitive one, and since he does not have a valid drug test on file for you he is not suppose to allow you to drive.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
It could be. Your boss could have screwed up and ordered a basic pre employment drug screen instead of specifying a DOT sensitive one, and since he does not have a valid drug test on file for you he is not suppose to allow you to drive.

Yeah, he did say Wed. that the first test I took was not a DOT test. So I redid it Wed. afternoon to DOT specs. Then he never calls me for a Thurs. load..... or a Fri. load!!!! So, naturally I'm like WTF... so I call him. He says oh, the DOT lady whos at the barn says you can't drive until this is cleared up..... so hopefully by the end of NEXT WEEK you should be good! WTF??? I'm just supposed to loose a week 1/2's pay.... for something that isn't even my fault!!! BULLCHITE!!! I am SEVERLY pissed off right now.... and he knows it... :twisted:
Old 11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
I love reading UNKOOKs posts !!! as they are probably not true, but entertaining at least. They are like Colonel Toons !!!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
Quote:
I love reading UNKOOKs posts !!! as they are probably not true, but entertaining at least. They are like Colonel Toons !!!
Not true??? Your a true waste of breath to say the least!!! Way to kick me when I'm down..... I appreciate it!!! :roll:
Old 11-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Board Member

A drug test shouldn't take that long to complete. Is it just a urine test? I've had 2 DOT tests in the past year and a half and I believe it was less than 48 hours.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Board Regular

Last month in school they sent guys for their DOT physicals and Drug test at the same place and was back the following day.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

When I go for my physical they do a drug test. I get the results on the spot. This place does a lot of DOT physicals. The reason it can take longer with some is due to them sending them off to a lab rather than doing it locally. If they send it off it usually takes 2-4 days.