User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think you are a real driver unkut. Keep posting your experiences, I am sure that others have strange stuff happen to them they just dont post it online. Copy everything to yourself and write a book when you can no longer drive.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
When I go for my physical they do a drug test. I get the results on the spot. This place does a lot of DOT physicals. The reason it can take longer with some is due to them sending them off to a lab rather than doing it locally. If they send it off it usually takes 2-4 days.
Yes, yur absolutely correct! They did a "split-specimine"??? Said it would be done by Monday/Tuesday.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
I think you are a real driver unkut. Keep posting your experiences, I am sure that others have strange stuff happen to them they just dont post it online. Copy everything to yourself and write a book when you can no longer drive.
Hahaha..... thanks..... in a wierd way..... :lol:
Old 11-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:
When I go for my physical they do a drug test. I get the results on the spot. This place does a lot of DOT physicals. The reason it can take longer with some is due to them sending them off to a lab rather than doing it locally. If they send it off it usually takes 2-4 days.
Yes, yur absolutely correct! They did a "split-specimine"??? Said it would be done by Monday/Tuesday.
Unkut: ALL DOT tests are "split-specimen." If your FIRST one wasn't, well... that might be part of it being a NON DOT. Your boss sounds like a real flake! Doesn't know testing OR logbook requirements?? :shock:

However.... it shouldn't take over a week! I don't want to scare you while you're already concerned..... but I noticed on another thread where you mentioned your CODEINE for your migraines. If I'm not mistaken, this might still show on your tests, and you MAY have to get a doctor to talk to the MRO. I would stay on top of this, if I were you! Does your employer KNOW you take this med??

If the additional time is due to them testing the "split," there may be more afoot. YOU are supposed to request that, if you want it. Costs about 150 bucks extra (I think.) If THEY are doing it without your consent.... more is afoot.

Another question..... did you list the Codeine meds on your DOT physical?? I sure HOPE so!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: D.O.T. QUESTION....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostProphet
Quote:
So I got a call the other day from my employer which I thought was odd. He said that when I was hired, roughly 3 months ago, that the pre-employment drug screen I took was a non-DOT one??? And since we're supposedly being audited by D.O.T. this week, he says they pulled my file and noticed the error, and required him to give me another pre employment test, but a DOT one, mind you 3 months after I've been working!!! Does this sound legit??? He's always scammin and makin others look bad due to his negligence...... and no I'm supposedly off until the results come back!!! A little help/knowledge here would be great!!!
I thoroughly enjoy your posts and how you get into such "whacky" and "zaney" adventures each and every week.You should approach a&e about a show.
All you need is a sidekick named Norton and you are ready to go
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Quote:
Unkut: ALL DOT tests are "split-specimen." If your FIRST one wasn't, well... that might be part of it being a NON DOT. Your boss sounds like a real flake! Doesn't know testing OR logbook requirements?? :shock:

However.... it shouldn't take over a week! I don't want to scare you while you're already concerned..... but I noticed on another thread where you mentioned your CODEINE for your migraines. If I'm not mistaken, this might still show on your tests, and you MAY have to get a doctor to talk to the MRO. I would stay on top of this, if I were you! Does your employer KNOW you take this med??

If the additional time is due to them testing the "split," there may be more afoot. YOU are supposed to request that, if you want it. Costs about 150 bucks extra (I think.) If THEY are doing it without your consent.... more is afoot.

Another question..... did you list the Codeine meds on your DOT physical?? I sure HOPE so!
Yeah, the medication is called Fioricet w/ Codeine. Its listed and D.O.T./Doctor approved to be taken when NOT on duty! Which they tend to get me drowsy anyways, so I don't beg to differ..... if you know what I'm sayin. But yeah, everyone knows about em, and after a drug screen I usually get a phone call to fax proof of the valid script before they report to the employer. Thing is, the boss called me Sat. night and says he got my test results in late Fri. afternoon and they were negitive! This CAN'T be the case because I took a STRONG dose of my script the evening before the test due to a huge migraine!!! So somethings REALLY fishy here..... :?:
Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Something is really odd there. With Fiorocet w/ codeine, you should have tested positive for opiates and barbituates (which may only be on the expanded ten panel, so maybe not.)
And she keeps me satisfied"

"As if you ever knew what it was taking you down the line..."
Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Daylight
Something is really odd there. With Fiorocet w/ codeine, you should have tested positive for opiates and barbituates (which may only be on the expanded ten panel, so maybe not.)

No, I fail EVERY drug test for the Fioricet!!! Thats what I'm saying..... something about this entire situation just ain't right!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Board Regular

Ok, so out of curiosity I call the family doc, which is the prescriber of my Fioricet. I explain the situation, which baffled him as well! But one thing he was 110% POSITIVE on was that if I took a dose of my meds with 4 days of that drug screen..... I should have received a call to prove my valid script!!! I swear, its good money, but theres something REALLY fishy about this company!!! Its eatin me alive to know what the REAL story or ordeal is!!!