Old 10-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety bird
I 95 exit 40 in Milford, CT, Pilot and Secondi's truck stop- good luck finding a spot, though...
How bout' that T/A off the 56 yardstick in New Haven? Man, what a dump! Used to think I was Clark Gable in "Run Silent, Run Deep" navigating his WWII sub through all the pot holes there.
The Branford TA has been recently repaved, and I think the main building got a makeover as well, but it is way too small, and the shop people don't have a clue.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Gee, and having lived in the "South" most of my life, we get "so tired" of hearing the "yutzes" from "up North" telling us how they do it up North, and how it is so much better up North..... The truth is....the NE just plain "sucks".

The only reasons I don't mind going there so much is because we have several terminals strategically placed where I can park...and it serves as a reminder to me...how fortunate I am to be a "Southerner". 8)

Now, if we can just figure out how to keep northerners up there when they retire....... :P

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.