Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Ize
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
TMC is the best.
How many flatbed companies have you had working experiences with in order to be able to make this statement? Having worked for TMC I can tell you that my local gig is better than your job.
I have worked for TMC for the last eight months, the only trucking company I have worked for. TMC has its problems, but after reading these boards, I still say it is the best. It fulfills my lifestyle. It may not be for all, but I say it is the best for me.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman
i talke to a tmc recruiter yesterday at the truck driving school, he told me its going to be impossible for me to gross 900 a week and still be home on the weekends. im just lookin for a job that i can be home most every weekend , due to my national gaurd drill. i am not married , nor i have kids, so away from home is not that important. i just dont want to be out for ever to gain 900 weekly. thanks for the info , keep them comming, i have to found a job soon!
You should talk to some TMC drivers. I know many that gross over $900.00 per week. I rarely go below $900.00 gross. There is no guarantee because of the availability of freight in the area you may be in. Last week I delivered West of Denver. There were 30 TMC trucks in the areas and only five loads. I was told to go to a truck stop for the night. Night dispatch called about 2000 with a load. Even losing a day, I still grossed about $1,200.00.

I leave later today for a final delivery in Southern Florida with multiple stops along the way. I'm crossing my fingers I get a load right away coming out of Florida, which I am fairly confident I will. It will deliver on Wed., though I will be there a day early. I should gross over $1,400.00 this week. Only time will tell.

TMC is a good fit for me. I'm single, older, so I don't party and have a good work ethic. I do miss my dogs sometimes.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Terry just courious.Does TMC dispatch at night? I drive for Maverick and if you don't have a load by 1630 they either deadhead somewhere for the next morning or just tell you to spend the night. I am like you been with Maverick for nearly a year and they work for me. I f I take a load home with me and deliver on Monday morn.I still can gross around $900.00 for the week and still get home for the weekend.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman
i talke to a tmc recruiter yesterday at the truck driving school, he told me its going to be impossible for me to gross 900 a week and still be home on the weekends. im just lookin for a job that i can be home most every weekend , due to my national gaurd drill. i am not married , nor i have kids, so away from home is not that important. i just dont want to be out for ever to gain 900 weekly. thanks for the info , keep them comming, i have to found a job soon!
That recruiter certainly wasn't going to much effort to sell you on TMC. I can tell you grossing $900+/week and home each weekend is fairly routine at TMC. If you don't mind staying out for two or more weeks at a time, grossing $1000+/week should be pretty easy. Of course with winter coming you're going to sit a bit more, but that's truckin'. BOL!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Terry just courious.Does TMC dispatch at night? I drive for Maverick and if you don't have a load by 1630 they either deadhead somewhere for the next morning or just tell you to spend the night. I am like you been with Maverick for nearly a year and they work for me. I f I take a load home with me and deliver on Monday morn.I still can gross around $900.00 for the week and still get home for the weekend.
Sometimes, Fleet Managers are not the ones who assign loads, it is the Load Planner. If one is working and as I understand only one works at night, you can call in and get a load. You can wait for Night Dispatch also. I don't like to wait, if I call in and a load is available, I get it. Too bad for the other drivers who may have gotten this load. I am proactive.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:33 PM

cool,our night dispatch only handles emergencies.We have a load planner on call but then again only for emergencies.Very few of our customers load 24 hours a day.Other than that Maverick works for me.Thanks for the info.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Board Regular

That is one nice thing about flatbedding I have only delivered once in 2 years of pulling flatbeds after 9pm at night or ever loaded that late. The one time I did unload real late was a delivery to O hare airport into one of the hangers.
There are alot of good flatbed companys out there for an example TMC, WH Transportation Maverick
Now about getting home when needed for duty with the National Guard if I understand it correctly they have no choice but to get you home or else they can suffer some major consequences, but with driver turnover the way it is any fleet would bend over backwards to make sure you get home and any of the three companys I mentioned i am positive would do that for you
I drive for WH Transportation
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Yes Maverick is very big on National Guard.Matter of Fact we have several drivers, that are in the reserves, in Iraq right now.Unfortunately over the past few months we have had two drivers killed in Iraq.Maverick will bend over backwards to help out all they can in any situation.Be truthful and upfront with them and they will do all they can for you.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrjr7
That is one nice thing about flatbedding I have only delivered once in 2 years of pulling flatbeds after 9pm at night or ever loaded that late. The one time I did unload real late was a delivery to O hare airport into one of the hangers.
Never had to deal much with Home Depot deliveries, I take it. :roll:
Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM

does anyone know anything about mcelroy trucking. i am leaning towards them, they start .38 cpm, and they are a small co. i am leaning toward smaller co. if anyone has any info besides the website, i would appreciate it.