User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

local gets paid by the hour. only way to work.
bol
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
This is a GOOD CONTRA-example of what CFM keeps saying! We OTR drivers NEVER work that hard, but hey.... we don't get to CRASH in our own bed at night! :shock: :roll:

LOCAL/regional/dedicated jobs are figured out to the nth degree on what you can legally LOG! They're gonna get the MOST out of you that they can! But, in this case the money is worth the sacrifice..... if money is what you need/want!
You just don't get it, golfhobo. How many times have I said it...stay away from ANY piecerate driving job that's figured by the mile, percentage, etc. HOURLY with OVERTIME after 8/40 is the only way to truck. But does anyone listen? Nooooo.

Like the time I got a load from our terminal in Indiana to the University of Chicago bookstore. 2 hours stuck in Chi-Town construction traffic. Bad directions...ended up getting lost. Finally found the place and for what passes as their "dock" had little delivery trucks all over the place. Of course the usual "off duty/sleeper berth" wait. Then two college kids with shitty attitudes milked the clock for 3 hours to unload me. Was hoping to avoid Chicago rush-hour traffic..OOPS not gonna happpen. Another 2+ hours sitting on the Day Ryan. All told = $20.00 in mileage pay plus $15.00 for the stop. $35.00 for 9 hours....not even 4 bucks an hour. Won't even mention how I logged it, but I'm sure you know.

Now that I'm paid by the hour, I can care less if I get delayed. Got stuck at a food warehouse last week for 2 hours. Paid $22.00/hr of clock time for each and every one of those hours.

No way I'll play the fool again. Been there, done that. I'll leave that nonsense to you diehards.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Board Regular

[quote="unkut2003

Concrete Central, over off of 131 on Century Ave. I've been there before and its pretty easy, but this damn Williamsburg one, CLEAR up by Traverse City is just crazy, hahaha!!![/quote]

OH shot, thats just a few miles up the road. I'm one block south of 36th Street, west of 131 (i can hear GM switching railcars at night). Our yard is just down the road from me along 131. Too bad i have to head out to PA in the morning.

So your out of Toledo? Where about? Run through there all the time on my way to PA.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

CFM what will it take to get these guys to see the light?????

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Board Regular

[quote=Crash935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "unkut2003

Concrete Central, over off of 131 on Century Ave. I've been there before and its pretty easy, but this damn Williamsburg one, CLEAR up by Traverse City is just crazy, hahaha!!![/quote

OH shot, thats just a few miles up the road. I'm one block south of 36th Street, west of 131 (i can hear GM switching railcars at night). Our yard is just down the road from me along 131. Too bad i have to head out to PA in the morning.

So your out of Toledo? Where about? Run through there all the time on my way to PA.
Yes sir, I'm in Toledo.... roughly 3 miles from the 80/90 Turnpike and 20 (Reynolds Rd.) 8)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Board Regular

Well we got er' did!!! Left the yard at 4am..... returned at 5pm! So about a 13hr day.... for $350.... which breaks down to $26.92hr.... not to rub it in there ColdFrostyMug... :lol:

But seriously though, sometimes hourly pays off, but when you get into a company thats about making money and not scared to pay you a nice piece of what you bring in.... WITH a guarantee.... JUMP ON IT!!! I haven't made less then $1000 a week!!! Hell, last week, my check was $1562 and some change.... for 1 week.... and 51 hours if I remember correctly!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Well we got er' did!!! Left the yard at 4am..... returned at 5pm! So about a 13hr day.... for $350.... which breaks down to $26.92hr.... not to rub it in there ColdFrostyMug... :lol:
Taking your gross pay and just dividing by hours worked does not factor-in time and a half overtime pay into the equation. But you people don't listen, which is why you end up working for peanuts.

Quote:
Hell, last week, my check was $1562 and some change.... for 1 week.... and 51 hours if I remember correctly!
51 hours? Hahahaha...BS logbook trucker math LOL. Like I said, been there done that. Thanks for the laugh, tho.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Taking your gross pay and just dividing by hours worked does not factor-in time and a half overtime pay into the equation. But you people don't listen, which is why you end up working for peanuts.

Quote:
Hell, last week, my check was $1562 and some change.... for 1 week.... and 51 hours if I remember correctly!
51 hours? Hahahaha...BS logbook trucker math LOL. Like I said, been there done that. Thanks for the laugh, tho.
I think that if UNKUT says it took 51 hours TOTAL, we can believe him! He made it quite clear on another thread that he won't stop and tie his shoelace without logging line 4 time for it! IF he were one to "bury" or "hide" hours, he'd have made his logs fit the rules on that long run, and never GOT called on a possible violation.

I wouldn't call his paycheck PEANUTS! And I don't think YOU are making enough to sneeze at it either. :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Nah homie...... I'm dead serious! Like I said before.... I have some 4-5 hour round trip runs that pay $180. Then a couple 12-14hr days that pay $300-400!!! I wouldn't bullchit when it comes to the all mighty coin!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I think that if UNKUT says it took 51 hours TOTAL, we can believe him! He made it quite clear on another thread that he won't stop and tie his shoelace without logging line 4 time for it! IF he were one to "bury" or "hide" hours, he'd have made his logs fit the rules on that long run, and never GOT called on a possible violation.

I wouldn't call his paycheck PEANUTS! And I don't think YOU are making enough to sneeze at it either. :roll:
Hey I appreciate the backup golfhobo!!! I will only run LEGAL!!! Hell, I have enough trouble learnin the ropes and maintaining normal activity without tryin to fake, cheat, lie, and steal!!! I do my log on a stop to stop basis..... PERIOD! And if someone can beat a $1500+ check for 1 week with 51hrs or less as an hourly employee...... PROVE IT!!!