User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
First of all zinc lozenges dont work on colds, probably why none of that stuff is approved by the FDA. If you think about it, the cold virus sets itself in the nasal passages, not in the throat.

If you really want to get a handle on the cold, get a regular saline inhaler(nasal spray) for about $2.00. You can use as much as you when you want and it will help flush the virus out of your nasal passages and shorten the severity of the cold.
Zicam is best, Zinc nasal administration. Works great for me.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:
First of all zinc lozenges dont work on colds, probably why none of that stuff is approved by the FDA. If you think about it, the cold virus sets itself in the nasal passages, not in the throat.

If you really want to get a handle on the cold, get a regular saline inhaler(nasal spray) for about $2.00. You can use as much as you when you want and it will help flush the virus out of your nasal passages and shorten the severity of the cold.
Zicam is best, Zinc nasal administration. Works great for me.
something else no one mentioned, wash your hands often and keep them away from your face.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

I realize that you know everything, but they work for me. how long have you had your medical degree?

Never said I know everything, but I did study science and biology in schoo. but I guess if you think they'll work....they will.
The mind is very powerful. But taking massive amounts of vitamins and zinc wont do a thing at the onset of a cold because it takes several days for the vitamins to actually work.

There is NO cure for the cold, there is no magic remedy. Other than flushing the nasal passages and drinking lots of liquids.

All that zinc nonsense does is rid your wallet of money.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
The mind is very powerful.
I will agree with you on that one, whenever it feels like I'm starting to get a cold I picture all my white blood cells lined up like soldiers with me giving them the "They can take our life but they can never take our freedom" type of speech. Have avoided getting sick in years, it's either that or the fact that I not to thrilled with my current job anymore so my body doesn't want me to have a day off. :?: