User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's what you get besides pay and benefits that should help you decide which company. If you have no otr experience, find a company that will make sure you get at least 160hrs. training behind the wheel before you're let loose on your own. You stated you have class b experience, but that's nothing close to 80k flying downhill with 4 wheelers everywhere. I got 200 hrs with a trainer at Interstate and he prepared me very well.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

that is not realistic. What if one company offers 120 hours with someone who is a fantastic trainer and another company offers 300 hours with someone who runs a illegal log book, is frustrated with life, hates four wheelers, and constantly refers to you as, "banana nuts!" ( purely and exaggerated for instance )? It is hard to get a good impression of a company beyond pay, and the options for a first year driver are limited to basic mill companies. Although, we are considering interstate as well, I don't necessarily believe they will be night and day better than where I am currently. Just maybe the things I don't like about my current company will not be a problem at Interstate. But I am sure they have other issues. It's pretty much a crap shoot. My advice is really to decide where you can spend a year no matter what and go for it with whoever is more convenient for you as far as pay, closeness of terminal to home, etc.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldisnotenough
that is not realistic. What if one company offers 120 hours with someone who is a fantastic trainer and another company offers 300 hours with someone who runs a illegal log book, is frustrated with life, hates four wheelers, and constantly refers to you as, "banana nuts!" ( purely and exaggerated for instance )? It is hard to get a good impression of a company beyond pay, and the options for a first year driver are limited to basic mill companies. Although, we are considering interstate as well, I don't necessarily believe they will be night and day better than where I am currently. Just maybe the things I don't like about my current company will not be a problem at Interstate. But I am sure they have other issues. It's pretty much a crap shoot. My advice is really to decide where you can spend a year no matter what and go for it with whoever is more convenient for you as far as pay, closeness of terminal to home, etc.
(laughing my ass off @ "banana nuts") anyway... thanks for the advice guys... it is MOST appreciated.