User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Showers/Laundry....

Now I know that some companies have showers and laundry facilities at there terminals acrost the country for there drivers... But I was woundering how much does it cost at a truckstop... Witch are better (cleaner), cheaper... and so on.....

thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Most of the laundry service is comparable to the local laundry mats. Typical Washer/Dryer range from $1.50-$2.00 each.

Showers are typically $9.00-$10.00 per shower, however most truckstops have a fuel/shower program. Usually purchase 50 gallons of fuel will get you a free shower, which can be used at that time or may be used at a later date and different truckstop within that chain.

The major chains have a fuel bonus card that will maintain any truckstop credits you recieve for the gallons of fuel purchased as well as your shower credits. The shower credits expire if not used, depending on the truckstop chain usually in 5-10 days.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Senior Board Member

It will cost you about 2-3 hours depending on how good the dryers work ,and if there is a wait on the macvhines or not :wink:
Old 09-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Board Regular

I usually carry enough with me to last until I get home. About 3 weeks worth. I am usually rarely away from home for more than 2 weeks.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Witch are better (cleaner), cheaper... and so on.....
It just depends. I have seen some truck stop laundry rooms that were really kept clean and others I wouldn't take my muddy boots off in for fear of getting them dirty. Same with terminal facilities. It just depends on how high on the priority list it is for the manager who runs that particular place (terminal and truck stop). In all actuality it is no different from any laundry mat. I have been in some that were nice and others that were real crappy.

When it comes to showers, most I have seen were fairly decent, though I ALWAYS wore shower shoes. I did not matter if it was a truck stop or terminal, and when I would go to get dressed I always stood on a towel until I had my shoes back on.

At truck stops the cost of showers is around $10. If you fuel, typically 75 gallons or more, you usually get credit for a free shower. If you are a team you and your co-driver usually both get a shower credit, but you have to ask for the 2nd one. As mentioned before the shower coupons expire after 5-10 days depending on chain. Also the shower credit is valid at any facility within that chain.

Laundry costs pretty much what it does at any commercial laundromat. To save money though, bring your own detergent. Those small single use boxes can get expensive in a hurry. I liked to carry liquid as the powder kind can be a real PITA unless you put it into some kind of container.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Rookie