User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Again IMO Idleaire created and contributed to another problem in the industry, parking. It is just somebodies idea to capitalize on the truckdrivers.
Again, don't blame Idleaire, blame the truck stop. IA didn't force their way in. IA provides a service that you may or may not use. But if it really bothers you so much, then complain to the corporate offices of the truck stops that lease the space.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 AM

I talked to one of the idleaire reps when they were opening the IA at the Petro in Fargo. And he said that Petro's and TA's both allow IA to block off spots even after the free parking is full. And Pilot states that they have to open up thier spots once the free parking is full. Which is why he also said that IA is considering pulling out of Pilot's.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Again IMO Idleaire created and contributed to another problem in the industry, parking. It is just somebodies idea to capitalize on the truckdrivers.
Again, don't blame Idleaire, blame the truck stop. IA didn't force their way in. IA provides a service that you may or may not use. But if it really bothers you so much, then complain to the corporate offices of the truck stops that lease the space.

Hey maybe the few spots of parking IdleAire doesn't use up at the Truck stops the crackhead rim polishers can claim for their business ,and force a driver to pay $20.00 -$40.00 for their services in order to park the night , By your logic I think this sounds fair ,as there are tons of trucks at the truck stops that don't use the service of a professional " RIM JOBBER" ,and they take up valuable parking for potential "RIM JOBBER" cliantel .
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:

Hey maybe the few spots of parking IdleAire doesn't use up at the Truck stops the crackhead rim polishers can claim for their business ,and force a driver to pay $20.00 -$40.00 for their services in order to park the night , By your logic I think this sounds fair ,as there are tons of trucks at the truck stops that don't use the service of a professional " RIM JOBBER" ,and they take up valuable parking for potential "RIM JOBBER" cliantel .
Yep, they can put those spots right next to the toothless window washers that use the same rag a thousand times over.
:lol:

I just don't understand why some people get their nose out of whack over this. Not once have I ever thought twice about IA and the spots they're "stealing" or how they "capitalize" from us. If I get to that point I'll hang it up and find a new career. IT"S NOT IDLEAIRE'S FAULT that the TRUCK STOP brought in their business. If it upsets you that much then take it to the owners of TA, Petro, Pilot and Loves.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

For my money..Idleaire works. At $1.85 an hour, that beats the heck out of idling at $2.75 to $3.12 an hour..depending on the cash price for fuel, and how much fuel a truck burns for each hour it idles.

I use "Oust" instead of Fabreze to "de-con" the unit once I have it hooked up and running. Less of a chemical smell to "Oust" than there is with Fabreze.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Well I only try to stop at truck stops to fuel/shower ,and shut down at shipper or receiver ,as the parking at the shipper or reciver usually allows me to get out of the truck ,and do something ,as opposed to the sardine tight parking at truck stops . And I think the only reason I dislike IdleAire is it makes refuge for those that can't back thus taking away some of my "FREE" entertainment while parked and not sleeping .
Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypiper
Forgive my ignorance, but what is IdleAire? Newbie needs to know. Obviously it sounds as if it's supposed to suppress idling fumes or has to do with shutting down your motor. Thanks
And its also something that is called a "Driver Benefit" at Superior Carriers, where the COMPANY pays for it

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
The problem there is that when you pull into most IdleAire equipped truckstops, the free parking spots are completely full and only a few trucks in the IA spots.
Yes I was kinda assuming that we understood the "free" spots were full.
I've seen a number of truck stops, including TA's and Petro's where trucks not using the service were parked in the stalls.

Quote:
I remember an issue of the T/A magazine had an articile about Idleaire, and the rules of use. One rule clearly stated that you do not have to use the service to park in one of the Idleaire slots.
Even though Superior provides the service to us as a benefit...if I should happen to park in one of those stalls...and not need the service...if an IA employee tells me I have to move... I'll ask them to provide me a copy of their "title" to the property, or a certified copy of the landowners contract granting them control of egress and ingress to said property. Otherwise, they can "take a hike" and tell someone who cares. NOTE: If I am not going to use the service....I won't park in an IA slot, unless its all thats left. But then again...I spend less time in truckstops than anywhere else to sleep....

Quote:

The investment monies utilized in establising and maintaining (let alone paying employees) Idleaire, probably could have been better invested in APU's, to help offset the cost of the unit and installing them on the trucks.
While I am essentially in complete agreement with you.... I know that there are companies not installing the APU's because the asshole treehuggers in some states are pushing to get the APU's covered under the same rules as engines vis a vis No Idling laws. SO the companies are looking at the APU's as a bad investment or are just cheap and don't want to admit it.

Quote:
I still have a feeling that Idleaire is going to go out of business like the old Park and View (or whatever they were), and all that investment monies will be lost.
I tend to disagree.... I think you will see more of this type of installation, and quite possibly other companies coming on line. There is a significant push to push down fuel consumption and waste due to prices, and also to lower emissions....and neither issues are going to fade away. The EPA has an interest in this issue and frankly.... I see it as a good thing. What they really need to do is get more states involved in providing more "truck friendly" parking (rest areas) that have this kind of setup....especially in states that have highly restrictive anti-idling laws....which is just about the entire NE....

But I do wish we had APU's with the A/C and heat units..... I hate idling.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Just curious, whatever happened to Park-N-View??? Did they go belly up??
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Just curious, whatever happened to Park-N-View??? Did they go belly up??
Yes.....a long time ago.