User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The first thing i do when i get into my truck is kick the shoes off. Helps keep the carpet clean and you dont have any of the "foot slipped off the pedal because some A88 spilled fuel on the island and now the bottom of my shoes are slicker than all get out" incedents.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
I was thinking that you had to wear shoes, while driving, and Alabama is the only state that allows you to drive barefoot. That's what I've heard.
Check out http://web.archive.org/web/200306181..._barefoot.html

Alabama requires you to wear shoes when you ride a motorcycle.

kc0iv
Old 09-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Senior Board Member

There are no rules per se in the FMCSR's, but most states require some form of foot wear while driving. Saftey is the reason - should there be an incident and you have to exit the vehicle in a hurry, you would not to be on 130 degree pavement without shoes. Other than that, companies have the right to require a certain minimum requirement for footwear. I always wear steel toes when working with any load situation.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
There are no rules per se in the FMCSR's, but most states require some form of foot wear while driving.
I see YOU didn't read the link I provided.

kc0iv
Old 09-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
There are no rules per se in the FMCSR's, but most states require some form of foot wear while driving.

kc0iv
I read the link, and also know for a fact that it is not completely accurate. One of my good friends wife recieved a ticket from a Texas DPS officer a little over 6 months ago, one for going 10 over the posted speed limit, and the other for now having footwear. The ticket stood in court and she paid the fine (she had representation from a very good traffic attorney). I do not currently know the law she was ticketed, but will attempt to find the information.

The officer told her the practice was unsafe, not only for her, but the rest of the motoring public. Here is the instance he used as an example - she has a blown tire and pulls over to the side of the road, gets out to see the damage, no shoes on, very hot pavement, starts hopping around, looses balance and falls in front of a 18 wheeler. 18-wheeler swerves, crosses the median and collides with a mini-van, killing the mother and 4 children, the youngest was 3 months old.

Far fetch ya say - not really, he was telling her about an actually accident South of Dallas that occured in 1982.

The driver of the 18 wheeler spent 4 months in the hospital recovering from his injuries, years of therapy and gave up his drivers license. He rode a bicycle everywhere he has to go locally and takes a bus anywhere else, until he passed away in 2001.

Stuff happens for stupid reasons!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:

kc0iv
I read the link, and also know for a fact that it is not completely accurate. One of my good friends wife recieved a ticket from a Texas DPS officer a little over 6 months ago, one for going 10 over the posted speed limit, and the other for now having footwear. The ticket stood in court and she paid the fine (she had representation from a very good traffic attorney). I do not currently know the law she was ticketed, but will attempt to find the information.

The officer told her the practice was unsafe, not only for her, but the rest of the motoring public. Here is the instance he used as an example - she has a blown tire and pulls over to the side of the road, gets out to see the damage, no shoes on, very hot pavement, starts hopping around, looses balance and falls in front of a 18 wheeler. 18-wheeler swerves, crosses the median and collides with a mini-van, killing the mother and 4 children, the youngest was 3 months old.

Far fetch ya say - not really, he was telling her about an actually accident South of Dallas that occured in 1982.

The driver of the 18 wheeler spent 4 months in the hospital recovering from his injuries, years of therapy and gave up his drivers license. He rode a bicycle everywhere he has to go locally and takes a bus anywhere else, until he passed away in 2001.

Stuff happens for stupid reasons!
I'm sorry but what knucklehead would get out of a truck like that not wearing shoes? I have some slip on canvas shoes that I use whenever I need to put on some shoes quickly in order to go out to the mailbox or whatever, those don't take but a minute to put on.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Not really related to the main topic, but I wear a pair of steeled toed boot that slip on. The heel slipping bothered me at first, I'm used to that now. Then main reason I got them was for convenience.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Not really related to the main topic, but I wear a pair of steeled toed boot that slip on. The heel slipping bothered me at first, I'm used to that now. Then main reason I got them was for convenience.
Hey, I got the same thing. They fit nice but they're nice and spacy, so yeah the heel slips a little. But they are comfy. I think I spent $50-60.