User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default gettn ready to roll

I am meeting with a Tractor Trailer school rep. I will pay for the schooling myslef so I'm not attached to any company. I'm considering TMC and looked at Maverick as well. Seems I'm out of the hiring range with Maverick. I live in Rhode Island but don't mind traveling to where ever I have to. Does anyone have any pros or cons on TMC and or Maverick. Thanks for any and all imput.

Ride it Like you Stole it!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Both have good points and bad points, it all depends on your background, attitude, work ethic and willingness to follow the rules. Many say TMC is too strict, but their ethic fits in fine with mine. TMC has some growing pains that are being worked out, and they have a master plan in the works, that from the drivers seat, when fully implemented should work well. I personally feel TMC has a better options on the pay side, with both a mileage and performance based percentage plan. New drivers just coming into the industry and have a good work ethic, can and do make as much as an experienced driver in a matter of months, instead of years.

Cannot speak directly for Maverick, have not worked for them! But their drivers that I have spoken with on OTR or Linehaul teams have about the same praises and gripes as TMC drivers. So it seems the field may be fairly level.

Rhode Island may be an issue, you would have to speak with a staff recruiter to verify how often you would get home. With TMC I believe you fall outside of the Linehaul boundaries, so Longhual would probabaly be where you would fall, out a minimum of 2 weeks, with 2 days at home. Or one day home for each week out.

Good luck in your choices!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Board Regular

Thanks for your input countryhorseman, greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypiper
Thanks for your input countryhorseman, greatly appreciated.
Anytime! If I can help with anything, feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail. I will answer as honestly as I can, and if I do not have the answer, can probably find someone that can.

Good luck!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA