User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

the only idea I can give you on the price of the idleing ticket,is the warning sign posted in our NJ terminal states fines up to $3k......

Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie
Is that for specifially a bird, or any pet in the truck?

Having a pet in the truck falls under the passenger comfort laws, From what I understand a dog or cat will not work but if you have a pet that has no other way to keep warm or cool (bird, fish or snake) will work.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie
Is that for specifially a bird, or any pet in the truck?

Having a pet in the truck falls under the passenger comfort laws, From what I understand a dog or cat will not work but if you have a pet that has no other way to keep warm or cool (bird, fish or snake) will work.
A dog or cat in your truck in NYC is a defense against a idling ticket, as well as Cali. I avoided 2 tickets at Hunts Point and 1 in Sacremento when I was pulling reefers. The temp in NYC was around 35 degrees the first time and around 50 the second time. IN Cali, the air temp was 102. My Australian Shepherd earned her steak bones for those. May she Rest In Peace.

I am pretty much sure that a dog or cat in the truck is a defense against a ticket in pretty much all the states, as the SPCA has more clout than the EPA on that issue.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Board Regular

I don't know much about NJ but in RI it's called unattended motorvehicle. Mostly due to the vehicle can be stolen which leads to other issues. I got my aggots busted along the pike in my private vehicle. I was parked getting a few winks and the NJ trooper woke me up telling me I was parked wrong going across the parking space lines and not within the lines. I was in the far corner of the lot and no one else around at 3 in them morning. So NJ? That why seagulls fly upside down over NJ, nothing worth crapping on.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
I am pretty much sure that a dog or cat in the truck is a defense against a ticket in pretty much all the states, as the SPCA has more clout than the EPA on that issue.
I wasn't sure if they would work? But sounds like they do. Amazing how a animal has more rights in a truck than the driver does?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
I wasn't sure if they would work? But sounds like they do. Amazing how a animal has more rights in a truck than the driver does?
We all know liberals prefer animals to humans. It is no surprise!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

well i just looked on New Jersey webstie on the ticket the statute# is
39:3-70.2 which is Air pollution min. fine$25 max. fine $100. But it still gets be mad that i have to take a day off work and ride 4 hrs one way to go to court for this BS. Am going to call for the hell of it and tell them give me the max. Which is only 100 bucks and i will pay it. Just so i dont have to be botherd with this BS.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
Hey Mackman, in the little bit of time i've been back on this site, i've noticed it seems like things have gone from bad to worse for you. Hopefully your luck doesn't continue this way for too long, i pull a bulk tank as well down here in florida, although it's not an everyday thing, my company just uses it for one customer, but the days i've got to pull it, i'm not too thrilled, noisy as all hell, and likes to plug up, not too mention if you don't keep an eye on it, it'll be too late to notice you blew the top off the silo :? Anyway, good luck with it, it's nice to be doing something different though, i take a little pride in knowing that not only am i professional driver, but also a skilled "pneumatic" operator, hopefully i spelled that right.
Where ya been miller havent seen you around in a while. You move up to PA yet. I like pullin the dry bulk its something diff. Just to let you know you where right when you told me to stay and the shit pumpin job i had a good job there. The grass aint always greener. Oh well you live and learn. Now i have to work 12-14hrs to make what i used to in 8-10. :evil: Sometimes i jam the hose up when i try to empty 2 hoppers at the same time. :lol:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, look at Michael Vick. If he was involved in bumfighting you think there would be this much anger? I doubt it.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
Yep, look at Michael Vick. If he was involved in bumfighting you think there would be this much anger? I doubt it.
"But the bums knew what they were doing, and chose to fight to the death for a bottle of Aqua Velva anyway. Dogs are innocent and sweet, and anyone who harms them should die. Like the bums who didn't win the Aqua Velva." --PeTA Spokesperson