User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lease Programs???

Hello All,,,
This will probably open up a can of worms :twisted: but, are there any lease programs out there that you can gross $1500/WK???

I am running local fuel delivery now for the past year in San Berdu, Riverside counties, SOCAL, and grossing just under $1200/WK. Did the Beer thing for 4 years before that(ball buster for $45K).

If I stay where I'm at I will cap out @ $1400/WK in 3 years. Just looking for a little more upside potential. Driving is my second career after 20 years in retail and would never go back!!!!!

BTW, Read some really funny sh*t here that made me LOL, good for the heart and soul.

Peace Out,
Fuelman
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Board Regular

Yeah CR England's :twisted: lease at $1.53 per mile. Simply the best lease known to mankind :lol: You'll get awesome benefits like being able to qualify for welfare with $200 a week paychecks and industry leading hometime usually 12 hours at home every 2 weeks :!:
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM

Give me a break, I'm a little dumb not stupid!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Yeah CR England's :twisted: lease at $1.53 per mile. Simply the best lease known to mankind :lol: You'll get awesome benefits like being able to qualify for welfare with $200 a week paychecks and industry leading hometime usually 12 hours at home every 2 weeks :!:
I heard that they offer free vaseline to ease the pain a little after you sign the dotted line. :lol:
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Lease Programs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelman
Hello All,,,
This will probably open up a can of worms :twisted: but, are there any lease programs out there that you can gross $1500/WK???

I am running local fuel delivery now for the past year in San Berdu, Riverside counties, SOCAL, and grossing just under $1200/WK. Did the Beer thing for 4 years before that(ball buster for $45K).

If I stay where I'm at I will cap out @ $1400/WK in 3 years. Just looking for a little more upside potential. Driving is my second career after 20 years in retail and would never go back!!!!!

BTW, Read some really funny sh*t here that made me LOL, good for the heart and soul.

Peace Out,
Fuelman
$1,400 a week in three years sounds pretty good. Plus I bet you're local? Sounds like a good gig to me.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Actually it is a good gig and is local.

Just remember seeing the article in Forbes Mag where trucking was one job you could make 100K /YR without some sort of degree. I figure I need one of those jobs. Am just trying to keep up with my sugar mama!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Board Regular

1400 a week!?!

why would you wanna go anywhere else :?:
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Just remember as a lease you will be paying off the companies truck for them.And also paying all the repair bills and gas to lease is the worse thing you can do in trucking imo.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Board Regular

Yeah, you won't see $1,400 a week as a L/O. Even as a O/O you will have a hard time making that until you get going and know what you're doing. Even then, you'll be driving OTR.

You make what a succesful O/O makes right now, and are home every night.

I realize you may want to own your own truck. You would however be foolish to give up a job that pays that. I am sorry to say it but you're at the higher end of the pay scale as far as the trucking industry goes already. You probably won't make more anywhere else in the industry.

In otherwords, if you want to be an O/O some day and brag about the truck you own, go for it. Expect to earn less than what you make now though.

No matter what though, leasing a truck is a bad idea. Save up and buy a used truck if you're going that route.

Oh and let me know when you do leave so I can go fill your spot at the company you're at! I'd love to deliver fuel for that kind of cash. Cakewalk!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Ditto on what most have said. A lease purchase with any company is usually not the greatest of deals. Some people will do fairly well with it. I'm sure even CRE has a few drivers who make decent money on the fleece deal. Just sit down and figure it up yourself, the numbers aren't usually flattering. There is one company who has an ad in the trucker's magazines each month. I can't remember who it is, but they list your expenses and income and then show you with a net income of around 1000 dugs per week. Now, knowing that I can make 1200-1400 per week driving someone else's truck, cuz I do it every week, why would I want to sign up for this??? At best when you finsh the 3 year deal, if you choose to pay the balloon payment you can be the proud owner of a nearly brand new 6-7 year old truck with 800,000 miles on it... Yup, that all adds up.

Leasing a truck from the company that controls your income sounds a little too risky to me. Now if you have your own truck and run under your own authority where you get to take your own runs and not too many at 90 cpm, then you can make some jack. Look at those guys like Rev, GMan and BanditsCousin. I'm convinced that they take a bath in $100 bills each day. Or at least every Saturday night... :lol: