LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: DAC Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
I just got off the phone with one of my trucking buddies.He told me that a few days ago he was assigned a load to pick up.He felt he couldn't deliver this load legally.He told the company to either change the delivery time or he was turning in the truck.They refused to change the load so he took his truck to the yard and quite.Going to the yard was on the way to pick up the load so he didn't go out of route.Did he make a big mistake?I told him that he quite under a load and they would probably put it on his DAC.What consequences would this have? Just trying to find out some info for him.

Looks to me like the company called his bluff. Wonder who is loosing sleep over it, him or the company?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:48 AM

DOT requires a DAT report?

Employers are allowed to put whatever they wish

so who gets screwed? the drivers

and who is supporting this? the drivers

amazing

if we are going to use DAC, then allow the drivers to submit comments or rebuttals, if not, then its not fair, plain and simple

are their idiot drivers? yes
are their idiot companies? yes

why is it stacked in favor of the companies?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
DOT requires a DAT report?
I assume you mean DAC.

D.O.T. could care less if a company uses DAC. What D.O.T. requires is a background check.

Quote:
Employers are allowed to put whatever they wish
The employer has to be able to support what they put in a DAC report.

Quote:
if we are going to use DAC, then allow the drivers to submit comments or rebuttals, if not, then its not fair, plain and simple
They do.

If someone finds something in their DAC report they think is wrong there is a procedure for correcting their DAC report.

Quote:
why is it stacked in favor of the companies?
I don't think there is an advantage for or against either a company or an employee. As in the record being discussed the employee quit under load. That is information a future employer may want to know during the hiring process.

kc0iv
Old 09-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

DAC only reports what they are given by a subscribing carrier. There is an opportunity for the driver to supply comments or a letter of explanation about specific things in the report. For the most part, things in a DAC should be fairly accurate. The main problem I have with DAC is that the carrier is limited in what may be put in a driver's file. For instance, if a driver steals from the carrier, he cannot put that information in the file. He can say that the driver is not re-hirable. The same can be said about a driver who abuses his equipment. It would be much better if more information could be put into a file to warn other potential employers about a specific driver. I think it would help to clean up the industry. There have been mistakes on DAC. They can be corrected. I have had errors on my own file, but nothing too out of line as to prevent me from getting a good job, should I look for one.

Your friend isn't mature enough to be in this business. You never want to give an employer an ultimatum. Most will call you on it. His former company did just that.