User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OUCH,,you got to be kidding. Sounds like a "good" way to make $$$ for the state!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Senior Board Member

It's a new rule they just enacted on July 1. My instructors never mentioned anything about exiting the tractor.

Well, I get to try again tomorrow 3:30.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Good Luck, just don't get in a hurry I guess would be the order of the day!
Our instructors here will test us. If we fail, we just resched right away I think. That way we don't have to involve the DMV.
Cheers
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Roadie, I called my instructor a while ago and rescheduled for 3:30. To be honest with you. I don't know how I even exited the tractor. I will be very deliberate tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Hey Roadie, I called my instructor a while ago and rescheduled for 3:30. To be honest with you. I don't know how I even exited the tractor. I will be very deliberate tomorrow.
Colts Fan

Sorry to hear about your EXIT ops:

You'll do fine tomorrow.

I've been having internet problems with my motel network that just got fixed.

We're doing just fine. Wife took her first road trip today and did great. Sunday, I pulled doubles for about 114 miles through the hills around Billings on some long and curvy narrow two lane roads.

Today, I worked on the range and am rusty. Last range drive was 19 days ago and I've lost a bit.

Anyway, great to be back online

Rick
Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Hey Rick
Good to hear you back on line. Also glad to hear the wife is back behind the wheel and doing good. Doubles huh? that must've been fun!
We had our first drive yesterday. Instr drove out to an access road next to I80 then we took over. Got the thing going, then down shifted, up shifted, down shifted, etc, etc. You know the drill! We got to drive back on the interstate back to an industrial area, and got put thru our paces. I did ok, had a little problem on the downshifts when coming up to a stop. Wife did surprisingly well. At least thats what the instr said. We must've been on opposite sides of the industrial area, never saw her. I never caught up to her, and she never caught me, so must've been hangin in there.
Good luck today Colts, you'll be fine!
Cheers
Old 10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey guys, glad to hear all is going well. Roadie, downshifting will get suprisingly easy with practice. RJ, glad to hear the wife is doing well. I wish we had the opportunity to pull doubles, that's what I'm looking to get into anyway.

Good news, I passed today! Everything went off without a hitch. I made sure I exited the tractor butt first with 3 points at all times. I had 1 pull-up on straight line back, 1 on the offset back and nailed the parallel park with no pull-ups. After that I made sure I didn't run over any curbs or shift over RR tracks. It was pretty nerve wracking going the road test during rush hour traffic in Indy. :shock:

But all is well and I guess that ends my adventures at SAGE. You guys keep posting your experiences and BOL!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Hey guys, glad to hear all is going well. Roadie, downshifting will get suprisingly easy with practice. RJ, glad to hear the wife is doing well. I wish we had the opportunity to pull doubles, that's what I'm looking to get into anyway.

Good news, I passed today! Everything went off without a hitch. I made sure I exited the tractor butt first with 3 points at all times. I had 1 pull-up on straight line back, 1 on the offset back and nailed the parallel park with no pull-ups. After that I made sure I didn't run over any curbs or shift over RR tracks. It was pretty nerve wracking going the road test during rush hour traffic in Indy. :shock:

But all is well and I guess that ends my adventures at SAGE. You guys keep posting your experiences and BOL!
Congrats!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knew you could do it. How much left now. Here we don't do the parallel park. Offset back, Straight Back and restricted 90 degree back. I can do the parallel & offset. I suck at the restricted 90 degree. :roll:

Anyway, keep us posted :P

Rick
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Congrats Colts! Good feeling to get that behind you! Onward to the next step!
We spent the day driving yesterday. Wingz started with a drive thru town and back. After lunch we were both doing the backing dance. I got straight line down pretty quick and started working the offset some. After awhile of that, he set up the parallel park and I finished the session with that. I can parallel park now! Wingz struggled abit with the backing. She just has not ever had to do it. She was getting it down tho by the end of the session.
After a quick dinner break, I took a drive thru town. Nothing like driving a big rig thru a big city in 5 o'clock traffic!! Guess I made alot of friends!!!
More backing today.
Rick, how are things up north? How much more do you guys have to do there?
Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie
Congrats Colts! Good feeling to get that behind you! Onward to the next step!
We spent the day driving yesterday. Wingz started with a drive thru town and back. After lunch we were both doing the backing dance. I got straight line down pretty quick and started working the offset some. After awhile of that, he set up the parallel park and I finished the session with that. I can parallel park now! Wingz struggled abit with the backing. She just has not ever had to do it. She was getting it down tho by the end of the session.
After a quick dinner break, I took a drive thru town. Nothing like driving a big rig thru a big city in 5 o'clock traffic!! Guess I made alot of friends!!!
More backing today.
Rick, how are things up north? How much more do you guys have to do there?
Keep up the good work!
Cheers
I'm on the road this afternoon. Next to my last road session. Wife has two road sessions under her belt and doing fine.

The frustrating part is the range. Since I've been at two campuses, I used a total of 6 different trucks on the range. Trailers from 28' pup to at 52' With loads and empty. None back the same. We both need to stay in one truck type and get familiar with it. As I said before, the 90 degree restricted back is my problem. Oh well. :roll:

Rick