Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Personally speaking, since trucking involves sitting on your arse most of the time, what percentage is actually.........work?
If I'm on the job and I'm waiting around (docks full, traffic, waiting on a load, paperwork, dispatch, waiting in line, etc) then plain and simple I'm gonna get paid. I won't sit around for free and consider it "off duty" or "sleeper berth" or whatever tricks drivers use to work endless hours. That's why clock time beats .cpm and % any way you slice it.

My uncle runs a successful residential concrete business: he builds and repairs driveways, steps, foundations - you name it. Imagine if he could get his workers to punch out as they waited for a mixer truck to pull up or for gravel to be delivered. That's exactly what over-the-road truckers do on a daily basis.

I never could, nor do I still see, the logic of donating one's time away that is so prevalent in OTR trucking. TIME=MONEY. You only get so much of it in this life. Don't fritter your time away in a fiberglass box.
Amen, brother, Amen!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

well said CFM like always

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Default work or play

inmate1577 wrote / Personally speaking, since trucking involves sitting on your arse most of the time, what percentage is actually.........work?

if your in the trk your working load or no load your baby sitting company eqmpt your strageticaly sitting so if and when they decide to give you a load they got a trk sitting there if you say im not working i have no load and get out of the trk and walk away till they call you at home or what ever your going to get fired for not being on the job IE not in trk no load no job its work alright your just not geting payed is all :?