Old 08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneebone

The problem is this guy was two threads going here.

1. He got caught OTR with no log, because "his boss told him" to drive anyway. Again, the poster knew he needed a log, otherwise, why would he have asked for one?

I don't understand why your speaking about me like I'm not around, lmfao!!! But anyways, I'm not an OTR driver!!!!!!! I'm a "short-haul", or anything I can get done in my 14hrs. driver! And yes, I asked for the log because it said the company would supply me with so on and so forth in my "new hire" paperwork. Had I of know that it was a SERIOUS D.O.T. violation, NEVER would I have left the plant. Goes to show you where "trust & respect" for people (namely my new boss) gets you in todays world!!!

Quote:
2. Weigh stations. Total no brainer. I knew you stopped at all weigh stations when I was a kid in the family wagon. Big yellow signs that say "All Trucks Must Enter." It really isn't rocket science. And to be a truck driver and still not get it, you must be as sharp as a bowling ball.

Actually I've got a college degree with a 3.67 G.P.A. :wink: The reason I choose my prefession is becasue I love driving, the money is great for what I do, and my kids love braggin about daddy's "Big Truck", lol! See, I've always seen weigh stations, but never once thought about there position. I've always seen scales at the truckstops too, but never thought once about it. I honestly assumed that the scales were there for drivers to be sure they weren't overweight. So that in the case of a D.O.T. stop, they could provide proof of their shipment/weight???

Fact is, even though I took a bashing from my "coworkers", lol, I still learned a lot in this thread! I guess thats what matters.....

I never wrote those quotes, I only wrote about driving local in So Cal and I didn't need a logbook.

Don't bash on me for something I didn't write.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The problem is this guy was two threads going here.

1. He got caught OTR with no log, because "his boss told him" to drive anyway. Again, the poster knew he needed a log, otherwise, why would he have asked for one?

I don't understand why your speaking about me like I'm not around, lmfao!!! But anyways, I'm not an OTR driver!!!!!!! I'm a "short-haul", or anything I can get done in my 14hrs. driver! And yes, I asked for the log because it said the company would supply me with so on and so forth in my "new hire" paperwork. Had I of know that it was a SERIOUS D.O.T. violation, NEVER would I have left the plant. Goes to show you where "trust & respect" for people (namely my new boss) gets you in todays world!!!

Quote:
2. Weigh stations. Total no brainer. I knew you stopped at all weigh stations when I was a kid in the family wagon. Big yellow signs that say "All Trucks Must Enter." It really isn't rocket science. And to be a truck driver and still not get it, you must be as sharp as a bowling ball.

Actually I've got a college degree with a 3.67 G.P.A. :wink: The reason I choose my prefession is becasue I love driving, the money is great for what I do, and my kids love braggin about daddy's "Big Truck", lol! See, I've always seen weigh stations, but never once thought about there position. I've always seen scales at the truckstops too, but never thought once about it. I honestly assumed that the scales were there for drivers to be sure they weren't overweight. So that in the case of a D.O.T. stop, they could provide proof of their shipment/weight???

Fact is, even though I took a bashing from my "coworkers", lol, I still learned a lot in this thread! I guess thats what matters.....

I never wrote those quotes, I only wrote about driving local in So Cal and I didn't need a logbook.

Don't bash on me for something I didn't write.

How in the **** did that happen, hahaha??? My fault..... HAHAHA!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I think he's taken enough crap.

CAD Lesson number 1, don't always post your mistakes :lol:
Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
Well now, boys, don't mislead him!
He wants to know what happens if he's pulled in.
First thing, you have drop your trousers, they'll want to know that you have both of your nuts. That is called a Level 3 inspection.
For a Level 1 you will have to bend over. :?

:lol: :lol: You are "one sick puppy"....but funny as hell!!! :lol: :lol:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Actually I've got a college degree with a 3.67 G.P.A. The reason I choose my prefession
Well I hope you use that college degree to wipe your arse, it's PROFESSION with an "O" brainiac. In today's world only street smarts seem to work, not book smarts. I've got a co-worker just like you, has book smarts but no idea how the real world works with street smarts. He wanted to know why a cop was stopping me when I was sitting at a stoplight, had no idea what DOT was or why they were "hasseling" me. I say this with 2 years of college at George Mason U before dropping out to make a living. My degree was going to be worthless anyways.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I had something like that happen..... I was stopped at a red light on the loop around Lexington, KY a couple of years ago...when all of the sudden a cop I hadn't real noticed flipped on his "discos" and motioned for me to pull over on the shoulder..... my wife was with me...and you should have seen the look on her face. All she could say was "I know you weren't speeding"!! I thought maybe it was a random license check.....wrong!!

The Lexington, KY PD has a crew of Officers that are CVSA Certified and they were doing Level 1's. I got mine....and let me tell you...their examination of my log book took longer than all the rest of the inspection. But I got my stickers and they were very polite and professional. Even "thanked me" for my time. I didn't get the vinyl "out" till I was back on I-75....... :shock: 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCaveman
Oh please lord, tell me their not putting CDL's in crackerjack boxes. He's either a troll or a swifty, not sure which. :!:
HEY WATCH THAT SWIFTY S&%T NOT ALL ARE BAD HAD TO START SOMEWHERE YAKNOW TEAM DRIVER WITH SPOUSE WHO HAS 4 YRS OTR