User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default So as I slept,I was awakened by hard bump at a Pilot

I was awakened by a hard bump the other day during my 10 hour break at a Pilot truck stop. It shook the cab pretty good. I get up and pull open the blinds and i see trailer doors :sad:

This guy plowed into me trying to back in next to me. He hit so hard that the whole left side of the hood was cracked and a hood latch on the left side came off(Freightliner). I drove it back to the shop and the mechanics said it was unsafe to drive because of the one hood latches came off plus the hood has several large cracks in it. I called my claims office and they took down all the info, the other guys name, tractor number, trailer number and license plate.

The guy who backed into me tried to talk me out of calling the police :lol: I called anyway and they came about 45 minutes later and he was cited. It sucked because I was awakened and lost nearly all my sleep that day.

But i will admit that Pilots are like sardine cans, they have the least amount of room to park than most other truck stops. I think Loves and Flying j's have the best parking.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Board Regular

at least he didn't try and deny it. I lost my air govenor the other night and the service guy shows up in a late 70's pickup. His work truck was hit the night before by a truck in a T-stop. The guy had peeled the right side all the way down and tried to deny it. I guess he finally admitted he hit it when the spot mirror wedge in his strap was the same as the one on the other side of the service truck :roll:

I was parked in our yard when another guy backed into my left fender (markeer lights where on), but he didn't try to deny it.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I think Loves and Flying j's have the best parking.
LOVES???? Are you kidding me??? I've been to nearly EVERY Love's in their chain, (but not in Ohio) and they most certainly have the WORST parking of any truckstop chain in America!! :shock:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
at least he didn't try and deny it. I lost my air govenor the other night and the service guy shows up in a late 70's pickup. His work truck was hit the night before by a truck in a T-stop. The guy had peeled the right side all the way down and tried to deny it. I guess he finally admitted he hit it when the spot mirror wedge in his strap was the same as the one on the other side of the service truck :roll:

I was parked in our yard when another guy backed into my left fender (markeer lights where on), but he didn't try to deny it.
There was a few witnesses, and he also had orange paint on his DOT bumper. The fiberglass left a witness mark. He was polite about it but afraid he was going to be in trouble with his company.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
I think Loves and Flying j's have the best parking.
LOVES???? Are you kidding me??? I've been to nearly EVERY Love's in their chain, (but not in Ohio) and they most certainly have the WORST parking of any truckstop chain in America!! :shock:
Yeah the Loves out here are mostly new at least compared to the Pilots and they have plenty of space to straight line back along with clean showers :wink:
Old 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I have yet to here of anyone mention Sapp Bros. anywhere on any forums. Is there a reason for that ?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member

What was he cited for?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Probably why in the last year, I've stayed at a Pilot......once.
Too small and too many drivers trying to get into a space either because they are out of hours or are trying to prove something. Even if they can get into the space, you now have to worry about being able to LEAVE the next morning.

I'll stick to Mom and Pops.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Board Regular

Remember, if you did file a police report, make sure your log shows the time spent, at least from the time the police were called until they cleared! The yearly audit will pull your driving history and if it doesn't show, automatic LOG FALSIFICATION violation!!!

Yep, screws your 10 hour rest period all to heck!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
have yet to here of anyone mention Sapp Bros. anywhere on any forums. Is there a reason for that ?
My guess would be, they are not as big as the major chains.

Quote:
I called anyway and they came about 45 minutes later and he was cited.
JB broadsided my grill with his trailer, trying to swing wide for a pull through in the row ahead of me at the T/A Stony ridge OH. Local Cops came wrote a report, but were unable to cite JB because it occurred on private property. How is it the local Cops were able to cite the driver in your case??

I know Pilot and Loves are different chains of "Travel Centers" but in my opinion they are greatly the same. They claim to cater to the Truck Drivers but they are really 4wheeler travel centers. (IMO). All they want is your business (money). Get in buy some fuel grab a hamburger or sub and leave. Parking in these are difficult at best (with a few exceptions). Although Flying J's seem to cater better to Truck Drivers, their parking also leaves a lot to be desired.

I find TA's and Petros to be for the most part the easiest to park in, although I can not, for the life of me figure why Petros insist on making "blindside" diagonal parking spaces.