User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Transfer MO CDL to IL

Who has done this.. It sure looks and sounds like a lot of hassle.. Called the dmv.. I need to take the written test for both class d and class a license. May need a new road test, cost 60 dollars. I was supposed to do this a long time ago. Put it off for to long, need to get it over with. I never lived in Mo but for MTC (cdl mill) I had to say I lived in MO for some odd reason.

Wanting to get motorcycle license but need to do this first.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Go the DMV, pay the fees. take the written hazmat if applicable, transfer the license. That should be it. The only written test you should have to take is Hazmat.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Board Regular

when I moved from Washington to Illinois....I had to take ALL the written tests over....its crazy

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 08-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Senior Board Member

The only written test that I was required to take was the Hazmat. And over twenty years I moved from CA, to IN, to WI and now OK.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
The only written test that I was required to take was the Hazmat. And over twenty years I moved from CA, to IN, to WI and now OK.
Illinois requires you to take all written tests when surrendering your CDL from another state. They may also require a driving test if your 10 year record isn't clean.

Don't know if any of you remember there was a huge license for bribe scandal here years ago when our former Governor George Ryan was the Sec. of State. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/03/16/truck.licenses/

They have become very tough on CDL licensing since then and if you notice there aren't too many CDL schools here either unless they are in a Community College run by the State.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln