User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrucker
everyone drank and drove back then..it was legal as long as you werent over .10. and yes it was safe it calmed my nerves. thats why they bought them for me..

you should go run the ice roads. you and Hugh would get along well, since you are from there, I'm sure they would accept you. it sounds like you are a better driver than all of those pansies who cant even take the icy hills at 60 mph
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 PM

I have driven the ice roads, I hate the cold, thats why I moved to Phoenix. For the crap those guys go through, its not worth it..plus its seasonal.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Sorry you thread got hijacked NHHunter, you will get your backing down pat it just might take some time, practice is all it takes, sometimes lots of it.

Az help me understand this, you go down a hill at a speed that you think is safe, cool. But someone else goes down a hill at a speed that they think is safe and that makes them an idiot and unsafe driver. The purpose of trucks having brakes on them is so they can stop in all or most conditions (unless your driving on pure ice of course). You should have enough space and time to make corrections should something happen. What if there was an accident and both lanes were blocked? If your friend could not stop or slow down for a moving vehicle then its for sure he could not control his truck if there was blockage in both lanes, would you have been able to if this happened to you? It's my understanding that you are supposed to be in control of your vehicle at all times and if you cant stop your vehicle in a situation like that it sure dont sound safe to me, maybe I am missing something
Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 AM

First of all this string started by me telling a newby to watch out for very slow Steven's trucks going down mountains. If you knew this stretch of road you would agree that only a fool would drive down at 30mph. You just dont drive down an interstate hiway that slow at night, mountain or no mountain. He was going too slow for conditions. He caused the accident. If he would have been going 45or50 mph this would'nt have happened. The rictchy driver just left sunset point rest area ,he just woke up from a nap, he was going 55 mph when he hit stevens. I'm not saying that it was'nt Corys fault, he just didnt realize Steven's was going that slow. I dont tailgate going down this mountain and I have came up on a accident on a blind curve at this location going 60mph, and had plenty of time to stop, with 78000lbs. You can just about bet that you will run into an accident on that stretch of road 50% of the time it's notorious for accidents. Cops are always in that area doing radar. Lots of cuvres. These people who started calling me unsafe and telling they would see me in the ditch are evil, all they know are rules, that's what makes them think they are superior There legalistic zelots. Always wanting to trash someone if they dont live up to there rules. It's a power thing for them....
Old 08-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
First of all this string started by me telling a newby to watch out for very slow Steven's trucks going down mountains. If you knew this stretch of road you would agree that only a fool would drive down at 30mph. You just dont drive down an interstate hiway that slow at night, mountain or no mountain. He was going too slow for conditions. He caused the accident. If he would have been going 45or50 mph this would'nt have happened. The rictchy driver just left sunset point rest area ,he just woke up from a nap, he was going 55 mph when he hit stevens. I'm not saying that it was'nt Corys fault, he just didnt realize Steven's was going that slow. I dont tailgate going down this mountain and I have came up on a accident on a blind curve at this location going 60mph, and had plenty of time to stop, with 78000lbs. You can just about bet that you will run into an accident on that stretch of road 50% of the time it's notorious for accidents. Cops are always in that area doing radar. Lots of cuvres. These people who started calling me unsafe and telling they would see me in the ditch are evil, all they know are rules, that's what makes them think they are superior There legalistic zelots. Always wanting to trash someone if they dont live up to there rules. It's a power thing for them....

I worked with this guy for 3 years. He always wanted to go first because he said I drove too slow on this road. he often called me a pansy.He said he knew exactly what his truck would do. I drive it as fast as I feel safe driving it. His truck is totaled and he is lucky to be alive. I am still driving too slow on this road and havent wrecked yet. I guess he showed me.
http://www.newschannel9.com/articles...er_driver.html
Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 AM

So whats that got to do with anything...I dont drive fast nor do I try to race ahead of people. I just get my load to it's destination in a safe and timely manner. and by the way I dont appreciate you saying I hope I kill myself....your a idiot.... tell your story to someone who wants to listen to you...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So whats that got to do with anything...I dont drive fast nor do I try to race ahead of people. I just get my load to it's destination in a safe and timely manner. and by the way I dont appreciate you saying I hope I kill myself....your a idiot.... tell your story to someone who wants to listen to you...
I DONT hope you kill your self, I hope you never have a wreck, I SAID I hope you dont kill anyone else, anyway, I am done with this, you are convinced that you are a super trucker, so good luck and if I get in front of you. let me know and I will gladly get out of your way
Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 AM

You never stop do you...You dont have to get out my way and I dont think I'm a super trucker, you said that ,not me. By the way my truck only goes 68mph I dont think I'll be passing you...good luck you miserable punk..
Old 08-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You never stop do you...You dont have to get out my way and I dont think I'm a super trucker, you said that ,not me. By the way my truck only goes 68mph I dont think I'll be passing you...good luck you miserable punk..
thanks good buddy
Old 08-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Another billy big rigger tough guy. Prodigy must be back and off his meds again. Must have switched his screen name again. :roll: