User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider national

OK I was on the Schneider web site and the Mexican and Russian guys convinced Me.

I have heard too many horror stories about Swift. And if I go OTR I would like to go with a company that has a good reputation rather than a bad one. I have a few questions.

1) How long is there training?

2) Are they a good company to work for?

3) I live in Va Beach Va where is the local training center?

4) If the school is rotten and I feel like its not the company I want to work for How much will I have to pay back?

5) Is Schneider worth it?

Please note that my local collage program is hard to get in to And ATI is almost $6,000

I don't want to waste all that money if this does not work out

Thanks again from a rookie!

James
Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 PM

You let the mexicans and russians convince you!!! BAD MOVE DUDE
Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhbull
You let the mexicans and russians convince you!!! BAD MOVE DUDE
that is hilarious!!!! its very true.. never trust a foreigner!!! NEVER
Old 08-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Board Regular

JamesD2:
???????? ????! ? ????? ??????? ?? Schneider. ?? ?????, ???????, ????? ??????? ????????? ???????????? ? ?????????? ????? ?????????? ????. ? ?????, ??? ??? ????? ????? ? ???????? ????????.
????????? ?? ????? - 4500.00 $, ??? ???????? ???????{?????} ? ??????? ??????? ????? 500.00 $. ???? ?? ???????, ????? ???????? ??? ???, ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ????? ?? ????? ????????. ????? ? ??????? ???, ??? ?????? 12.50 $ ? ??????, Schneider ?????? 50.00 $ ?????? ?????? ? ????????? ????? ?????. ?????? ??????? - ??, ??? ?? ?????? ????????? ? ???, ???? ????? ?? ???????????. ?? ???? ?????{???????} ???????? 18 ???????, ????? ????????? ?????. ?????? ????? ?????? ???, ??? ???????? ?? ?????, ????? ?????.
??????? ??????? ????????, ???? ?????? ??????????, ????????? ??? ????????? ? ???? ??????.
???????? ?????? ????? ????????? ????? ? ????? ??????? ? ?????, ?????? ?? ?? ????????? ?? ??????? ???? ????????? ???????????? ????? ???????? ? ??????.
?????! ???????? ???, ??? ???? ???????? ??? ???.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Board Regular

I went to Pumpkin Training in July of 2000. A while ago, but here is what I thought about it:

1. The training was from Monday one week until Friday, Saturday the next. You arrive on Sunday, leave when you are done. About 12-13 days. You go home, then go out with a trainer, come back to school. You may or may not get your license before leaving out with a trainer, I did at the end of my school. I did not stay with Schneider, did not go out with a trainer.

2. Their pay sucks, but for a newbie they are not too bad, gotta start somewhere.

3. Not sure, I went to Charlotte, NC, sounds like that maybe the closest.

4. All of it. However much that is now, over $3000

5. Don't know, I got my license and ran
Old 08-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
JamesD2:
???????? ????! ? ????? ??????? ?? Schneider. ?? ?????, ???????, ????? ??????? ????????? ???????????? ? ?????????? ????? ?????????? ????. ? ?????, ??? ??? ????? ????? ? ???????? ????????.
????????? ?? ????? - 4500.00 $, ??? ???????? ???????{?????} ? ??????? ??????? ????? 500.00 $. ???? ?? ???????, ????? ???????? ??? ???, ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ????? ?? ????? ????????. ????? ? ??????? ???, ??? ?????? 12.50 $ ? ??????, Schneider ?????? 50.00 $ ?????? ?????? ? ????????? ????? ?????. ?????? ??????? - ??, ??? ?? ?????? ????????? ? ???, ???? ????? ?? ???????????. ?? ???? ?????{???????} ???????? 18 ???????, ????? ????????? ?????. ?????? ????? ?????? ???, ??? ???????? ?? ?????, ????? ?????.
??????? ??????? ????????, ???? ?????? ??????????, ????????? ??? ????????? ? ???? ??????.
???????? ?????? ????? ????????? ????? ? ????? ??????? ? ?????, ?????? ?? ?? ????????? ?? ??????? ???? ????????? ???????????? ????? ???????? ? ??????.
?????! ???????? ???, ??? ???? ???????? ??? ???.
:shock: :?: :?:
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
:shock: :?: :?:
You guys never heard of Babelfish? (This makes the translator in me wince. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm driving a truck because there's no way to make money as a translator, and that was true even before the machine translation era. You think truck drivers work for slave wages. I did one job for less than a penny an hour.)

Amusing post! I also looked to Schneider. Their school it seems has a good reputation of safety and fulfillment of things correct way. I think that they have a school in North Carolina. The cost of their school - 4500.00 i, this includes komnatu{mesto} in the period of school 500.00 i. if you you go in order to work for them, then they will deduct the cost of school from your wage. By way I understand this, they will deduct 12.50 i in the week, Schneider will introduce 50.00 i each week to the cost of your school. Lower side - that that you will be attached to them, until school is paid. On this norme{razryadu} to occupy 18 months in order to pay loan. Each will here say to you that contract not very not in order to enter. The difficult solution especially, if the money of napryazhenny, since this is located in my case. Possibly work through some schools in your region sees, you can force at least partial student loan to help with the school. Successes! You will report to us, as things they work for you.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Board Regular

Silvan

Excellent! I have never heard of Babelfish. I use PROMPT translatrion software. But good translation.
It was meant as a little humor and answer the questions.
I also am looking into getting my CDL. And also thinking of Schneider. Seems they do hire older workers. But it is the same thing in being tied to a contract. Difficult decisions when the money is tight.
Certainly understand the translator pay. My wife Is Ukrianian. Speaks 5 languages, translates various sorts of legal documents, business documents, etc., for 50 cents a hour, in Donetsk, when there is work, then if you get paid.
Good luck.