User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default BAD NEWS!!!!!

As many of you know I got hired last week Wed. for a local LTL carrier. It was a dream job and I couldn't wait to start this Monday!!! Well today I get a call from them and they cancelled their offer of employment!!! 2 days before I'm supposed to damn start!!! Saying they ran my MVR and there was too many points on my license??? I disclosed EVERYTHING on my application and even spoke to the mgr. the hired me about it!!! This was REALLY a devestating blow! I'm so in the dumps its pathetic!!! I even went out this week and purchased a bunch of work clothes as I was supposed to provide these for the probationary period!!! So now I'm out roughly $250 on top of the job itself..... and no reciept!!! WTF? Why wait almost 10 days to call me with this crap??? :cry:
Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Probably for all the local terminal knew, you met the standards. The problem is that standards and hiring criteria change sometime often and also whether or not the person who is in charge of interpreting the standards is in a decent mood or has not just gotten their butt chewed for hiring someone who was less than stellar and it back fired. You can be mad at the company, but you should also realize that you share the blame. The points problem is on you and it just cost you something that you really wanted. When the points come off, you can re-apply and then you'll actually get in.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Probably for all the local terminal knew, you met the standards. The problem is that standards and hiring criteria change sometime often and also whether or not the person who is in charge of interpreting the standards is in a decent mood or has not just gotten their butt chewed for hiring someone who was less than stellar and it back fired. You can be mad at the company, but you should also realize that you share the blame. The points problem is on you and it just cost you something that you really wanted. When the points come off, you can re-apply and then you'll actually get in.

Your absolutely right about the points.... I F'd up and am now paying for it! In a way though.... I blame it partly on my previous employer for the Base + Commission routes on a 48ft. trailer which I had to empty by hand.... with a lot of time stops all in different cities and.... man, looking back they REALLY screwed me over. But true, it was me behind the wheel and MY decisions. But I told them I had 6 points, 2 being speeding tickets, and 4 coming from a VERY minor fender bender with less then $500 in damages!!! DAMN!!! If I could only change the past.... :sad: It was all in 2006 too! What sucks most is I've got to wait 2 more years for it all to drop off..... :roll:
Old 08-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Man that sucks I know you were all gun-ho about the new job. Dont worry something will come along. Best of luck.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 PM

It may seem bad at the moment. Everything works out for the best.Undoubtly this job wasn't meant to be. Just remember,when one door closes another door opens.Keep the faith and it will work out.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Just remember,when one door closes another door opens.Keep the faith and it will work out.
amen to that :!:
Old 08-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
It may seem bad at the moment. Everything works out for the best.Undoubtly this job wasn't meant to be. Just remember,when one door closes another door opens.Keep the faith and it will work out.
The darkest hour is before dawn. Keep your chin up. Adversity and failures in life, are what build character, and makes a man out of men. However bad the situation maybe, remember, it's all for the best....you'll realise that in the long run. So much for the pontificating....dust your resume, get into some decent clothes, and get your butt moving to as many potential companies as possible. Best of luck....may the force be with you.

PS
Another lesson for you....when things go your way, it's not really a smart idea to scream about it from the rooftops. Keep it to yourself and your near and dear ones, and savour the moment. Success and failure follow each other, as day follows night.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Senior Board Member

All in all, unless the company is self-insured, you are actually hired or not by the companies insurance carrier, they have the last say in whether or not you get that dream job behind the wheel.

Hang in there though, you may have to work for a lesser company for a bit, but take care of business and let your record clear out, and then you can have that sweet dream job.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Board Regular

First of all THANKS from the bottom of my heart for all the encouragement!!!! I've received so much help and support from this site since I was forced out of my last "dream" job. It was also devastating to my family.... and the first time I EVER pictured myself asking anyone for assistance!!! Hell I was always the one passing out to those in need... But before I get all mushy (wipes tear from eye), I pray that the Lord can give me the strength and encouragement to continue and prosper!!! I sometimes find myself watchin t.v. for 2-3 hours and couldn't for the life of me tell you what was on.... :sad: Sigh.....
Old 08-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Board Icon