Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unkut2003 said:
Quote:
Marked Lanes (Non-Preventable Accident)-
Rockee said:
Quote:
what I dont get here is the Marked Lanes ticket
My guess here is similar to unsafe lane change, When you make your turn you allowed the truck to track into or across other marked lanes than the ones you where turning from and turning into. Just guessing.

I know we do this all the time, and is very necessary on some of the streets that we must turn on. Most of the time we get away with it as it doesnt cause conflict. But when a car decides to cut into the trucks path we must be aware that this may occur and take extra precautions on these types of turns.

Quote:
My lug nuts caught the rear end of his car, popped his tire, and put a couple scrapes on his quarter panel
Im assuming the cars damage occurred from the steers based on the lug nuts??
Old 07-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

The best part is that whenever your driver's license expires, you may very well have to go back and take all the tests again. Maybe only Virginia does this. I don't know. I got two tickets in the same year, and when I went to renew, a few years later, they told me I had to take some tests. Fine. I'm a professional driver, and I should know this stuff.

I had to start with the high school driver's ed test, and there were questions on that relating to weird urban things I still had never encountered after several years of trucking for a living. It was a little dicey.

Anyway, my company's insurance wanted to can me over two tickets in the same year. If you're not still driving for whoever you were driving for when this happened, you're probably screwed. I had to beg on my hands and knees for a stay of execution. I had to get my MVR looked at monthly for three years or something to keep my job.

Eight years, and I still don't have all that shit off my record yet. You could be waiting a long time my friend.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Speed 63 in a 55 (Commercial vehicle)- I was guilty as ever, but who would of thought they would ticket me for 8 over...

Just about every state in the Country would