User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Post it and make a believer out of me. I went through 3 leases with Prime and never got charged for a repair that didnt need to be made. And Skywalker didnt post about the multi thousand dollar repairs......again facts.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
OK, I've already had my first glass of wine this evening (I'm on off time...have been for 3 days, and don't go back to the 5th of July :P )you've already been warned by others, and apparently have your mind set on driving a fast truck for them. Whooooop, whooooop!! I thought Uturn made it quite clear....but you apparently are wearing "rose colored glasses", or have perception problems... :?

So here's my suggestion.... GO TO WORK FOR PRIME, HAVE FUN, BE SURE TO HAVE FUN, THEN COME BACK LATER AND ADD YOUR TALE OF WOE TO THE MANY WHO HAVE BLOGGED AND PASTED THEIR MISERABLE EXPERIENCES AT PRIME....

Of course, someone with a "lick of smarts" would use the "search function" on this site and others to get some pertinent information....unless of course you're some dolt recruiter at Prime.... :P :P

Oh, by the way.... I didn't know that "Prime" had company drivers.... Seems I remember something about all company drivers working for RTC, not Prime..... SO.....maybe you are think about a fleece purchase deal, eh?
Ya no. I did use the search function. It's terrible. I read the posts..But they were not all very specific about prime. Now, I'm Inexperienced and only some company's will take me because I'm 21. You're telling me pretty much in a sarcastic way not go with prime. Fine.. But If I was to read about the other company's Werner,Covenant,Swift, That my school wants me to go with.. I can digup about 200 threads alone about them. Prime I had more trouble with. So I'm sorry if I upset the whino.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Werner or Swift would be 1000 X's better than Prime.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Werner or Swift would be 1000 X's better than Prime.

:lol: :lol: They are all different name,same you know what.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayAPrayer4Me
Ya no. I did use the search function. It's terrible. I read the posts..But they were not all very specific about prime. Now, I'm Inexperienced and only some company's will take me because I'm 21. You're telling me pretty much in a sarcastic way not go with prime. Fine.. But If I was to read about the other company's Werner,Covenant,Swift, That my school wants me to go with.. I can digup about 200 threads alone about them. Prime I had more trouble with. So I'm sorry if I upset the whino.
Caveat Emptor

Its quite common for CDL mills to get kickbacks from the OTR companies. I know several of them in Reno try to steer their grads towards the OTRs for the bonus.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
OK, I've already had my first glass of wine this evening (I'm on off time...have been for 3 days, and don't go back to the 5th of July :P )you've already been warned by others, and apparently have your mind set on driving a fast truck for them. Whooooop, whooooop!! I thought Uturn made it quite clear....but you apparently are wearing "rose colored glasses", or have perception problems... :?

So here's my suggestion.... GO TO WORK FOR PRIME, HAVE FUN, BE SURE TO HAVE FUN, THEN COME BACK LATER AND ADD YOUR TALE OF WOE TO THE MANY WHO HAVE BLOGGED AND PASTED THEIR MISERABLE EXPERIENCES AT PRIME....

Of course, someone with a "lick of smarts" would use the "search function" on this site and others to get some pertinent information....unless of course you're some dolt recruiter at Prime.... :P :P

Oh, by the way.... I didn't know that "Prime" had company drivers.... Seems I remember something about all company drivers working for RTC, not Prime..... SO.....maybe you are think about a fleece purchase deal, eh?

Do you have any idea how much a truck can cost to operate? I just checked Slime,Inc. out and the 500.00 a week and 90 day training pay is for fleece purchase training,NOT company driver training. After that so-called 90 day training you will be expected to lease a truck for 630.00 to 680.00 a week. SUXESS Leasing is actually where they get their junk fincanced thru. Your lease payments will be 2500.00 a month and that doesn't even include fuel and tires. You will be better off delivering pizza than to lease a truck from Slime. :lol: Do the math and look at the numbers yourself. It will not add up. Since you seem to have no driving experience I would not even consider buying a truck until you have at least one year under your belt to get an idea of what you will be getting into. See if Prime will hire you as a company driver but STAY AWAY from their fleece deal.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have any idea how much a truck can cost to operate? I just checked Slime,Inc. out and the 500.00 a week and 90 day training pay is for fleece purchase training,NOT company driver training. After that so-called 90 day training you will be expected to lease a truck for 630.00 to 680.00 a week. SUXESS Leasing is actually where they get their junk fincanced thru. Your lease payments will be 2500.00 a month and that doesn't even include fuel and tires. You will be better off delivering pizza than to lease a truck from Slime. :lol: Do the math and look at the numbers yourself. It will not add up. Since you seem to have no driving experience I would not even consider buying a truck until you have at least one year under your belt to get an idea of what you will be getting into. See if Prime will hire you as a company driver but STAY AWAY from their fleece deal.

What you talking about,you idiotz? I have truck at Prime and it go 120mph. "I make good money and drive fast. My last check was,EH,275.00 for one week. That is very good money you idiot. :roll:
Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Digit Bob
What you talking about,you idiotz? I have truck at Prime and it go 120mph. "I make good money and drive fast. My last check was,EH,275.00 for one week. That is very good money you idiot. :roll:
Hi Sixth :lol:
Old 07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Rookie

SERIOUSLY. What are you guys talking about.

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN LEASING A TRUCK. I never once said I did in ANY POST.

I just want to know about the company driver!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
SERIOUSLY. What are you guys talking about.

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN LEASING A TRUCK. I never once said I did in ANY POST.

I just want to know about the company driver!
PRIME=Truck Leaseing
YOU would never be a company driver for PRIME. They say that you can be BUT they will RAM the truck leasing deal down your throat until one of two things happen:
1) YOU lease the truck
2) you quit because they slashed your miles since you will not Lease a truck

PRIME has always been known as a company that Leases thier trucks to drivers, not as a company that employs drivers.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE