LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Just tell them when you came down the hill you relized your speed and was tring to adjust your speed...Seems shady that they speed trap on a hill..But that's just MHO..
Of all the places you should be watching your speed, coming down a hill is one of the most important. No excuse for being 15 over on a down grade.
Please don't get me wrong I understand,but the law allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain".I just don't think it's cool when cops sit at the base of a hill to catch ya speeding.It's like Waldo Florida going 50 then down to 30 in one sign..But yes in a rig or something like that.....Ya you are right...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just tell them when you came down the hill you relized your speed and was tring to adjust your speed...Seems shady that they speed trap on a hill..But that's just MHO..
Of all the places you should be watching your speed, coming down a hill is one of the most important. No excuse for being 15 over on a down grade.
Please don't get me wrong I understand,but the law allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain".I just don't think it's cool when cops sit at the base of a hill to catch ya speeding.It's like Waldo Florida going 50 then down to 30 in one sign..But yes in a rig or something like that.....Ya you are right...
What law allows you to speed coming down a mountain? Post a link, I would like to see it.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM

[quote="greg3564"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where did I say the law allowed you to speed?Please read the post before you try to tear it apart..
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="larz0142"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where did I say the law allowed you to speed?Please read the post before you try to tear it apart..
OK. Please show me where it's legal to as you say "allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain". You can't, because no such thing exists.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Where did I say the law allowed you to speed?Please read the post before you try to tear it apart..[/quote]

OK. Please show me where it's legal to as you say "allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain". You can't, because no such thing exists.[/quote]

Yea you're right just piss away the 1st admendment..I hate to break this to you but you can say anything you want to..I know,I know dang Bill of Rights.Can the po po prove he didn't try to adjust his speed..Plus when you down shift or put on your brakes in a vehicle are you not adjusting your speed??Please tell me how you drive? I'm going to stop now.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Yea you're right just piss away the 1st admendment..I hate to break this to you but you can say anything you want to..I know,I know dang Bill of Rights.Can the po po prove he didn't try to adjust his speed..Plus when you down shift or put on your brakes in a vehicle are you not adjusting your speed??Please tell me how you drive? I'm going to stop now.
Are you and the original poster brothers?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Are you and the original poster brothers?
Good one what's next are going to tell me my mom dresses me funny.
Did I zing one past you both? It's hard sometimes I know...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
OK. Please show me where it's legal to as you say "allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain". You can't, because no such thing exists.
Quote:
You wrote it. Back it up. You claim that there is some "law" that allows you to adjust your speed. See, we have these things called SPEED LIMITS. These guys called POLICE usually will write you a ticket when you go over the spped limit. There are NO allowances just because you are going down hill. :roll: That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

YOU- "Officer, I was going 15 over the speed limit because I was adjusting my speed down hill."

COP- "Sign in the box on the bottom"

Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Good one what's next are going to tell me my mom dresses me funny.
Well, while that also may be true, its about as relevant as bringing the bill of rights and the first amendment into a discussion about running 15 miles over the speed limit coming down a grade in a 55 zone. That may be a free speech issue to you.. but that what the other fellow was bringing up.. his rights to do so and his rights to somehow not be accountable for his own actions.

Quote:
Did I zing one past you both? It's hard sometimes I know...
Hardly. What part of the first amendment covers the operation of commerical motor vehicles?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:39 PM

If he takes that to court and tells the judge that when he seen his speed and realized that his speed was too high he has a better chance of beating the ticket...And you tell me where it is illegal to apply one's breaks in a down hill I would like to see that one.The 1st admen thing was because I was told you can't say that to somebody.You guys crack me up, you sit there on your high horse and tell everybody about how bad something is and you have never broken a law.....Ever. You are both hypocrites. Tell you what why don't you both just get over yourselfs and quit judging people.You said"OK. Please show me where it's legal to as you say "allows you to adjust your speed when "comming down the moutain". You can't, because no such thing exists".Yes you can it's called putting your breaks on...You both take this to seriously grow up..."Hardly. What part of the first amendment covers the operation of commerical motor vehicles?" I never said it had anything to do with operating anything.You did.I said that you can say anything you want to.You both are the ones that started sreaming about laws and such..I said the law allows you adjust your speed your right there is no law that I can think of that says you have to or you don't have to adjust your speed when comming down a mountain..So we should all just speed down them right?Oh yea the one that says you have to maintain control of your vehicle when driving or do I really need to find that one for you ?