User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Three moving violations......and then another one, I was going to say something....but no, I won't. No point.

BTW, the Feds passed a law not long ago....if you get a ticket and have a CDL, judges cannot reduce the charge. You get one, you either beat it, or you eat it.

Speed limit signs are not decorations.

OK, I said something anyway...get the point?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Rookie

Fozzy,what's your ego trip?
You never seem to have anything good to say.

Everybody makes mistakes. If you learn from those mistakes and move on then a lesson in life was taught.

At some point in your trucking career it seems you've obtained this thought process that you are superior to many others in this industry. Are you that same guy who flaps off on the radio about this and that until you see me or whomever step down out of the cab and you realize you've over stepped your boundary. Get my drift, mighty one.

I have no need to make excuses for my actions. I did it, no excuse.
I posed my question on this board to inform myself in areas and subject matters I was not fully educated in. Yes, you answered to the best of your abilities. For that, Thank You.
One thing though, you don't have to belittle others in the process.

When I'm in the quickie mart selling beer, snuff and tobacco to the low lifes as you say and you come in for some snuff what does that make you? A lowlife, right? "Right"
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbamcclain
Fozzy,what's your ego trip?
You never seem to have anything good to say.
I've got plenty good to say, I suspect however that you being in the predicament that you have caused yourself may have altered your sense of humor and of course your general attitude.

Quote:
Everybody makes mistakes. If you learn from those mistakes and move on then a lesson in life was taught.
This is my personal pet peeve about some drivers. It wasn't a mistake when you where written for Speeding 10/03, It wasn't a mistake when you were written for Speeding 8/04, It wasn't a mistake when you were written for an (or two) Illegal Lane Changes in 6/05. These are not mistake and by stating such makes you look like yet another driver who wants to pretend that "everyone does it" or that the rules and regs should not apply to you. THIS last ticket for reckless driving is the lesson that you MAY have an opportunity to ACTUALLY learn from! This is your chance there big guy! Don't blow this one!

Quote:
At some point in your trucking career it seems you've obtained this thought process that you are superior to many others in this industry.
Without sounding like a pompass a**, I have done this for a very long time and am honored to be in the company of a rather special and select group of drivers. There are some here and some on every trucking board that I've been too.. I am honored to be amongst them. Someday if you change your ways and learn that there is an action to driving like an idiot rather than a professional, you too maybe can feel as good as I do about my level of experience. I have no regrets on what I've done in this career and I've never had to make excuses or BEG for a job because of my poor habits and choices (read not mistakes). My hat is off to all drivers who have safely plied their trade of professional driver for almost three decades.

Quote:
Are you that same guy who flaps off on the radio about this and that until you see me or whomever step down out of the cab and you realize you've over stepped your boundary. Get my drift, mighty one.
I stopped listening and even carrying a Children's Band radio probably a decade ago. They have become worthless as the wig wag.

Quote:
I have no need to make excuses for my actions. I did it, no excuse.
Then OWN some of it, take your deserved lumps and try and grow as a driver. Stop proclaiming that this was a mistake and using lame excuses and charging those who own the company, the DOT, the government and "bad luck" or "mistakes" for everything YOU have done.

Quote:
I posed my question on this board to inform myself in areas and subject matters I was not fully educated in. Yes, you answered to the best of your abilities. For that, Thank You.
You're more than welcome.

Quote:
One thing though, you don't have to belittle others in the process.
I do not think I belittled anyone. I think you rightly be feeling a little thing called guilt or even remorse! These are the lessons you are or should be learning

Quote:
When I'm in the quickie mart selling beer, snuff and tobacco to the low lifes as you say and you come in for some snuff what does that make you? A lowlife, right? "Right"
I don't drink beer, I don't smoke and a darned sure wouldn't have than nasty stuff in my mouth, thank you. I don't even by slurpies. There are however a whole slew of losers (who make lots of "mistakes" also) buying beer there at 10 in the AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Hmm...
Well why is it when someone has screwed up their driving record, and ask for advice......and get it.......they get all huffy.

Waffle House is taking applications.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Board Member

The first time a person screws up can be called a mistake......but what do you call it when that same person does the same thing two more times?

Me, I call it being stupid, and before you jump all over that let me say that I will be the first to admit that at one point in my life....between 16 and 20.....I was stupid many times. I finally grew up though and learned my lesson.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Senior Board Member

This is just my opinion. Not trying to be a smart azz or anything but I would like to make a point.

Quote:
4 violations plus one more....would seem by your comments that you still have not learned your lesson.

Plus, you said the last one you got you were going down a mountain. Well that means you need more training. If you can not control your speed going down a mountain then you are dangerous. Speed control going down mountains is a important thing in this industry!

Just my .02
Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 PM

Just tell them when you came down the hill you relized your speed and was tring to adjust your speed...Seems shady that they speed trap on a hill..But that's just MHO..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Just tell them when you came down the hill you relized your speed and was tring to adjust your speed...Seems shady that they speed trap on a hill..But that's just MHO..
Seems inept to not notice that your going 15 mph over the speed limit..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Explain why you got the ticket(s) for "illegal lane change"?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Of all the places you should be watching your speed, coming down a hill is one of the most important. No excuse for being 15 over on a down grade.