User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default talked with CFI today

Hi guys appreciate all your input. i talked with a CFI recruiter today i love the response but just thought i should check it out here if it's true.

i was informed that the company pays you as a driver trainee .26c for every miles dispatch even if you driving or your trainer is driving is this true. also the train is a three week OTR with a trainer before you go solo.

thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Board Regular

you won't get paid .26 mile in training for every mile that truck runs, just think if further in to your training you begin to run as a team and average 6000 miles, that's nearly 1,800 a week, absolutely unheard of, you might want to check your facts on that.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
you won't get paid .26 mile in training for every mile that truck runs, just think if further in to your training you begin to run as a team and average 6000 miles, that's nearly 1,800 a week, absolutely unheard of, you might want to check your facts on that.
Aw shucks...I'd settle for a 3,000 mile week with my trainer driving most of the miles. You see I learn best by observing from the passenger seat.... :P :roll: :lol:
Old 06-17-2007, 02:54 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about CFI but what you said about YOU getting paid mileage while in training is really unusual. I'd think it was your TRAINER who got paid the mileage and you'd get around $500/week while in training. Get a 2nd openion on that aspect but I think you'd be happy with CFI. Their per mile pay is a little on the low side but it's "practical" miles which makes it much better. I'd say $.26/mile practical is about $.32-.34/mile that everyone else pays. Six one, half a dozen the other as they say. Stay away from that damn CR England like everyone else says.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Senior Board Member

You know, I changed my mind. Just how bad can CR England be? I don't currently work for them, but I do see alot of different people bashing on them. And IT IS GETTING OLD!!!

I say the job is what you make it. Give them a try, just don't try their leasing program. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

????? Cluggy, a job is what you make it????WTF??? Then why all of th JB bashing. you made i shitty, maybe someone else can make it great. Maybe you should shut your piehole for while cause you obviously have no idea whatyou are talking about.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
You know, I changed my mind. Just how bad can CR England be? I don't currently work for them, but I do see alot of different people bashing on them. And IT IS GETTING OLD!!!

I say the job is what you make it. Give them a try, just don't try their leasing program. :wink:
Yeah, dont lease with them, although when its cold or hot you cant idle the truck since the trucks are programmed not to idle for more than 5 mins when you are a co. driver.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM

i trained at cfi and went through their sponsored schooling ....it is a great way to start out i made about 600 a week with the finisher i averaged about 750 to 850 solo at 28 cpm and about 1200 a week running team when i could find a partner....but while it is a good place to learn to drive it is not a good place to make a carreer the benefits are subpar and the only reason why you never hear much on the negative side is cause most people are chasing a 40000 dollar recruiting bonus for getting the most recruits and that is on top of the 1000 you get per a person ....make a friend with a current driver split the 1000 dollars get your three months of experience and start looking for another job....

i left for the dreaded jbhunt and went from 28cpm and med ins with a cap of 10000 and no dental or vision to 38cpm with full med dental and vision and the company picks up the cost on my first 1000 dollars a year toward my deductible ps i am home weekends and even get practical miles on my dedicated account....

in my opinion take cfi's money get your start and find a better place to make a carreer
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
????? Cluggy, a job is what you make it????WTF??? Then why all of th JB bashing. you made i shitty, maybe someone else can make it great. Maybe you should shut your piehole for while cause you obviously have no idea whatyou are talking about.
wow....I guess it doesn't matter what i post about, does it? I try to give a positive post, and this is the responce. Hmmmm....maybe it's not the post, maybe it's the poster you don't like.

However, i know enough to know that their are always people who want to be rude. I have no idea? I should shut my piehole?

And where in this post did I post about JB? Well? How about you take your advise, and go........well, I was told to be nicer on this board, but you get where I'm going.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Yeah, dont lease with them, although when its cold or hot you cant idle the truck since the trucks are programmed not to idle for more than 5 mins when you are a co. driver.
That's a new one. Where'd you get that from? :roll: It's simply amazing the BS that flows out there.