User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is It Just ME, or .....

Is it just me, or have any of you noticed that Wal Mart drivers seem to be getting worse and worse as time goes by. I used to feel comfortable going into a tight highway turn, or constrution zone with a Wal Mart Driver right next to me, but lately they seem to be getting really wild.

Now, I cringe at the sight of a big white wally world truck anywhere near me. They don't seem to be as courteous as they used to be either.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Board Regular

yeah, i couldn't help but notice the same thing on I-75 on friday afternoon, Mr. Wally World driver with 1.5 million miles thought it would be okay to hold everyone up in the middle lane going a whopping 60 mph, had all the room to merge back over to the right but i guess he figured with all those miles behind him, he could do as he pleased, i ended up passing him in the right lane which clearly let him know he was holding up oncoming traffic, and for miles he continued to stay in the center lane with no care in the world. It just burns me up, i don't care if it was Wal-Mart or Swift, all of us out here need to learn how to be courteous, the truck i drive runs 75, but as soon as i make my pass i'm right back in the right lane to allow traffic to continue to move around me. Just me 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Is It Just ME, or .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
Is it just me, or have any of you noticed that Wal Mart drivers seem to be getting worse and worse as time goes by. I used to feel comfortable going into a tight highway turn, or constrution zone with a Wal Mart Driver right next to me, but lately they seem to be getting really wild.

Now, I cringe at the sight of a big white wally world truck anywhere near me. They don't seem to be as courteous as they used to be either.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Funny. I was going to ask that same question, Walmart used to have the most courteous and helpful drivers around, seems now that they have more a-holes than good drivers.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Beeeeppp....move over JB, Schnieder, Swift...Wal-Mart coming thru. :roll:
Old 06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Swift, werner, schnieder all run freight for walmart, as soon as a position is open these drivers just move in, so now there workforce is made up of these drivers, mostly swift drivers fill the spot in a empty walmart truck
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
Swift, werner, schnieder all run freight for walmart, as soon as a position is open these drivers just move in, so now there workforce is made up of these drivers, mostly swift drivers fill the spot in a empty walmart truck
I kind of find that hard to believe Walmart is hiring Swift, Werner or Schnieder drivers? Not saying it isn't true just seems odd Walmart would do that?

Old 06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
I kind of find that hard to believe Walmart is hiring Swift, Werner or Schnieder drivers? Not saying it isn't true just seems odd Walmart would do that?
been to lots of walmart dc,s , talked with lots of drivers both walmart and swift/werner/schnieder..... most walmart drivers i talked to were swift drivers who fell into the open position... most werner drivers i talked with were saying 2 more months and i can drive for walmart.... so i see walmart drivers still have that 3 years behind the wheel but drivers who already haul there freight get first shot at the job.... this is why there trucks seem to be all over the road and not driving kind like years past...
Old 06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
been to lots of walmart dc,s , talked with lots of drivers both walmart and swift/werner/schnieder..... most walmart drivers i talked to were swift drivers who fell into the open position... most werner drivers i talked with were saying 2 more months and i can drive for walmart.... so i see walmart drivers still have that 3 years behind the wheel but drivers who already haul there freight get first shot at the job.... this is why there trucks seem to be all over the road and not driving kind like years past...
I see, I haven't really noticed the quality of the Walmart drivers? but I have noticed Walmart drivers would always wave to us but now they have there nose in the air like most other OTR drivers do. There has always been a separation between the OTR drivers and drivers who drive day cabs but Walmart was never like that towards us, there are some other OTR drivers that will always give you a "hey driver" but most don't. I will always wave to a driver passing me because I was a OTR not to long ago.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I've noticed the quality of Swift drivers pulling walmart trailers has been lacking, but the Walmart direct drivers seem ok, just super-slow :wink:
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
yeah, i couldn't help but notice the same thing on I-75 on friday afternoon, Mr. Wally World driver with 1.5 million miles thought it would be okay to hold everyone up in the middle lane going a whopping 60 mph, had all the room to merge back over to the right but i guess he figured with all those miles behind him, he could do as he pleased, i ended up passing him in the right lane which clearly let him know he was holding up oncoming traffic, and for miles he continued to stay in the center lane with no care in the world. It just burns me up, i don't care if it was Wal-Mart or Swift, all of us out here need to learn how to be courteous, the truck i drive runs 75, but as soon as i make my pass i'm right back in the right lane to allow traffic to continue to move around me. Just me 2 cents.

Agreed. If you are going slower than the flow of traffic and there is no one merging from the right than you need to move over and let the faster traffic by. Walmart and Fedex seem to be the worst at doing this around the Dfw area.