User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I know I am a vendor that works a wal-mart !st in bread and now in milk and they think they rule the world they treat you like crape. Like a redheaded step child
WAL-MART SUX !!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Wal-mart is changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danisawannabe
(store level supervisor position) in Feburary this year to start driving and my wife still works there.
I was only days away from finally getting promoted, as it turned out in retrospect, but I'm a Wally World refugee too, and my wife still works there. I left Mr. Sam's Legacy Land for trucking in 1997. Can't say it was a bad decision.
Quote:
Merit raises have been eliminated.
Yeah, that's a crock. I got several of those, because I, unlike most of my peers, was not a sh*t*ss.
Quote:
After 3 "unauthorized" absences in a rolling 6 month period you start getting written up. Being sick is not an "authorized" absence, even with a doctors note.
This is true, but it's not quite as bad as it sounds on the surface. Used to be if you were sick on a weekend, you had to spend $100 to go to the doctor for a sick note. Now it doesn't matter, so just call in anyway, and the hell with it. In actual practice, it hasn't seemed to be a problem for the ol' lady.

The biggest El Cheapass thing that's burning us up at the moment is doing away with uniforms in favor of requiring employees, oh, excuse me, Associates to purchase their own khaki bottoms and navy blue tops. What a crock. Customers, oh, excuse me, marks don't have any idea who works there anymore, and a multi-billion dollar international corporation being so cheap as to demand that people living at the poverty level (ie. Wal-Mart Associates whose spouses don't have real jobs) spend money on their own uniforms is an astonishing slap in the face.

Anyway, salutations brother Wal-Mart Refugee! You sound like a human being, so I assume you didn't go on that magical trip to Bentonville. I knew two guys who were human before they went to Bentonville, and after they came back, they were company men through and through. It was really creepy to see.

Just be careful what you say, friend. China owns the USA, and Wally World owns China, so Wally World owns the USA.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 AM

Silvan
My mother worked for walmart for 13 years before she retired in '99.
she worked in the craft dept. and being the avid sewer she is, she loved it ,she was able to take sewing patterns for crafts home and assemble them with supplies and materials given to her for free by walmart, then take the finished item back to walmart to display for a month or two for display then they would give it to her to bring home to keep for free....... She really loved her job................
Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 AM

Then Sam died and she hated every minute till the day she retired.
:shock: and she is not a hateful person :shock: