User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i used to log an average ....and could average about 3600 miles plus a week easily

i am now on a dedicated run for jbhunt i get home every weekend so i started logging exactly what i do i did and was able to log 3400 miles this week and showed all my unloading time i got a little close this week ...but pulled into my house friday with three hours to spare ....
needless to say i did that in a 62 mph truck so in a 70 mph truck i could prob do 4000 miles a week legally ...i used to think you couldn't survive legal but
it takes being very disciplined and committed....and usually quite a bit of planning
Old 06-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad7
i used to log an average ....and could average about 3600 miles plus a week easily

i am now on a dedicated run for jbhunt i get home every weekend so i started logging exactly what i do i did and was able to log 3400 miles this week and showed all my unloading time i got a little close this week ...but pulled into my house friday with three hours to spare ....
needless to say i did that in a 62 mph truck so in a 70 mph truck i could prob do 4000 miles a week legally ...i used to think you couldn't survive legal but
it takes being very disciplined and committed....and usually quite a bit of planning
If you don't mind my asking, where do run to on your dedicated routes ? How much does JB Hunt pay for the miles you run ? Are you paid practical miles ?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Call it either a 5 1/2 or 7 day week. The typical OTR driver takes about a day to day and 1/2 off each week be it at home or during a reset.
So, when we talk of running 2500-3000 miles a week, would that be over a period of 5 days or 7 days, before the days off / reset kick in ?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM

easy enough i run out of parsons kansas cover all 48 states 38 cpm and this account pays practical miles plus 25 for picking up and 25 for delivering my back haul when i have one ....the stop pay is 20 and i get 20 dollars and hour for tailgating cabinits ........plus home every weekend :lol: i do give up a couple hours a week for free tailgaiting but the end result is what does matter to me
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 AM

dang finally a short week left monday afternoon home friday evening got about 2500 miles but oh well try again monday morning still netted a little over 1000

my employee number is 30528

remember me when you want a raise
Old 06-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Y'all can have all the big miles :roll:...

I too used to be concerned with how many miles I could get all the time beofre I made the switch to Superior Carriers. Now, I'm more concerned with how much work I can do. Beside, the more runs I do over the course of a week, month, year, etc. the more $$$ I make. But, just to throw my numbers in with everyone else's, I'm only averaging a mere 1,872 miles weekly, but to the tune of $1,012.34 gross, as well as having taken off seventy-nine days so far since my start date (July 31, 2006). And that's logging 100% by-the-book as well.

Y'all be safe and have a good one :wink:.

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."