User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

When I first started with swift back in the early 90's, all they wanted from me was names of personal references to fill in work gaps. they check em too!....lol
Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Why on earth would you wait until you are out of school to find a job? If you have a clean record and and a good work history you can submit applications to many different companies and receive pre-hires from a number of them. Of course a pre-hire isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Each individual company will pre screen you to one degree or another, anything to a brief scan of your application all the way to actually getting copies of your DAC and DMV records and calling your references. I had a pre hire from the company I had decided I wanted to work for before I started my CDL School and I had the option of them paying for my school or me paying for it. CAD is an invaluable resourse for learning about anything and everything related to the trucking industry. I'm a CAD, are you a CAD? 8)
Old 05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Rookie

ThankYou all, I do have the option of the company paying for my School but it is seems to be the company's that the school recomends. I just don't want to rush into a company and later regret that I made the wrong move. McElroy trunking is out of Alabama and has a warehouse in NC. A guy I worked with went there doing the flat bed thing. He got sick and never went back to trunking. Anyway, my school says they are a great company?? Thanks again!