User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

you WILL remember where the good showers are at....and be able to recall what the room was like, water pressure, water temp...our fave was I believe it was Minikoka or something like that....had big sprinkler hear in shower...another is Mountainsburg, Ar...they had actual tubs.....

Rick
Old 04-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Rookie

The cool thing is... most only charge for ONE shower! Also, if you build up showers on your driver's cards from fuel fill-ups, you can then take the showers seperately for a little time away from each other. One truck stop we hit on an Indian reservation charged for two, regardless. So, we took two stalls and thought one looked larger so we gave the other shower ticked to a driver out in the lounge. When we got into the shower, it ended up being SO small only one person could fit and could hardly turn around! Too late. Also, the sink and mirrors were public, so we brushed teeth, etc. side-by-side with other drivers. Interesting...
Old 04-08-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers*wife*
So just a regular old TV and some bunny ears will work near a big city?
For about $20 you can get an extended antenna that plugs into your TV's jack. The one I used had about a 6 foot cable and a recevier that looked sort of like an airplane. They are supposed to go on the outside mirror, but I had better luck moving it around after I stopped to find the best signal. It worked pretty good 20-30 miles from a big city, sometimes farther sometimes less.
I'd check Walmart for a 13" TV/DVD combo, they are pretty cheap. You can find them at truckstops too but will pay more.
The Satellite radio is great. You can find just about anything you like. I heard that XM and Sirrius are merging though, so I'd wait and see how that shook out before backing one horse over another.
If you can, invest in a decent camera. You'll see some breathtaking sights out there! If you have a laptop get a digital camera, otherwise maybe just a regular one.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Rookie

And... if you have a laptop... Sprint Broadband is great to get online on the road.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_D
while you are out there, dont take time off at home, take your days off where ever you want, get a motel room, rent a car, and see the sights, you wont have much time while on a load, but most companies will let you take your days off anywhere.
oh ya..! last year for mothersday we took HOMETIME in vegas, the company got us a load into vegas and 4 day's later we had a load out
we got a car (parked at the TA for two days and got a room on the strip for two days) now just ware can you work and get paid to drive to a weekend getaway any time you want..?
arty: :rock: arty:

Quote:
you WILL get tired of each other...just storm off to the sleeper and slam the curtain (yes a curtain will slam...I have heard it enough)
and dam that curtain IS LOUD.. :shock:

Quote:
shower at truck stops...you can both use the same shower...hint hint...
:wink:
Old 04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Board Regular

The novelty of showering together wears off, but at alot of the bigger chain truckstops, just ask for a team shower. It won't cost you anything extra.

I have lived out of the truck with my other half. Just keep in mind even though you need something to keep yourself occupied, there is only so much room in those trucks. With two people, it gets cramped fast.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Rookie
Default Re: for4roses.......

Quote:
lot trash soliciting you while you sleep
Quote:
I've never actually been solicited by a lot lizard at a truckstop. On the side of the road, yes. They say the cure for lizards is to hang an old bra from the mirror.
another fix is to set up a manniquen or however u spell it in the passenger seat, my step dad has done this. also u can get the no lot lizard stickers and preferably ones that say police WILL be called. i was bothered once at the truckstop down in albany, ga before it became a pilot, but that was it. i also have a little rainbow sticker on my truck, not sure if that has kept them at bay or not. could be. who knows.

also, wait till u see what kind of truck you are getting, some of the new ones have the tv antenna built in with the cb antennas, may not work as great, but would save you the money on buying a separate antenna
Old 04-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

The most important thing is love, everything else is just trivial. Make sure you guys dont get annoyed at eachother, its a common thing when you are otr and stressed and living in close quarters with no privacy. Knowing this is step 1 in reducing this friction. GL