LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Heyns
When I was leased to Key Line Freight (1973-1978), they paid the motel bills. In St. Louis, we had a choice between the Milner or the Lenox hotels. One of them had a swimming pool on the roof of the parking garage. I always packed a swim suit. The hotels were within walking distance of the ball park and the river front. That is the only time that I have seen professional baseball. While walking to a tavern that was on a barge tied to the river bank, we noticed a horse tied among the girders of a bridge. In the bar, a policeman was watching the world series on TV. We asked whether that was his horse. He said, "Yes. I didn't think anyone could see him." Free time was more recreational in those days when the company paid the hotel bills and the hotels operated courtesy vans. The St. Louis hotels also served railroad,airline and bus employees.
yes i always pack a set of swim trunks no matter what time of year....u never know when u might have a breakdown, or waitin on a load, or whatever the case may be, get urself a room in a hotel with a hot tub and just forget about the worries of the road for a while....i did this in february this year, in Maine of all places...lol thank god i had my trunks with me
Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Board Regular

:roll: Well, let's see. You can masturbate in your bunk, buy the biggest radio
and annoy the crap out of your fellow drivers, call your dispatcher every 5 minutes(Be precise!) just to see how he's doing, hang out in the mens room
and act like you're looking for a date, order a pizza for the guy parked next to you, dress up as the tooth fairy and offer a quarter to everybody for
one of their teeth, thump everybody's tires in the truck stop, etc.
Be creative. Life is only boring when you are.