User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog

Had two favorite places. Trinity Mts. around Wyntoon....and the Sierra's along the Feather near La Porte.
Ah yes, Trinity Lake and those big smallies. La Porte and Little Grass Valley, beautiful lake!

Ain't it fun when you highjack a thread?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker
Ain't it fun when you highjack a thread?
I seem to have a habit of that. :?
But it's not always a bad thing...ofcourse long as no ill intendtions or bad manners...it does bump the thread back to the top.

I try to contribute best I can....and I believe come-backs are good manners.

Ian must live in some steep terrain....for this load to shift like that. But like he indicated...he believes the load was poorly loaded, and maybe not properly secured.

I didn't gleen enough info to get a clear picture of this mess...but the point was made.

Personally...I take the time and interest in my loads. I take in account where I am traveling with it too. There are many things to consider.
If I off load anything...and I feel it is important to reposition the rest of my loads...for my next drop...I Git 'R Done. If some dock help is unwilling to help...I make sure their Boss helps them reconsider...before I move.

Sometimes this takes more time than it should, but I won't loose patience over it. It's like the load I'm on right now. I had to load 43k (17 pallets) in a 53' Reefer. I figured it 12 long....and its going from Northern Michigan to California. So I set my tandems for the Ca. Bridge law. Turns out I was 1k over on my tail. Well...dang it I guessed wrong. I shoulda went 11 long. Wouldn't you know the dock help went on lunch. It was another 2 hours before I could roll. I got my load RIGHT though. It's a sealed load...but it is palletized very well.

Lots of times...I'll see product loaded...you "know" will not ride well. These dock workers don't give a rats behind....and it shows on some of their work. If I see fork lift damage...or poorly palletized loads...I make sure it gets delt with...or I won't let it go on my Trailer....OR... :evil: I make sure it says "Shipper load and count" on my BOL.

Still...once it's on my Trailer...I use what care is needed to make the delivery. Some stuff requires a lot of "babysitting." Could even be watching the tempurature closely.
On sealed loads...(Reefer unit) I can peer in through my rear vent door to see the tail. When you are sealed...you generally use a smoother touch...so you don't open the doors at your destination and have to cry...or point fingers.

If I'm in rough terrain...well there is a little common sense necessary. Loadlocks or tape or shrink wrap...will only do so much.
But strapped or chained loads...if done right should survive a lot.

:P Okay...I still didn't contribute much to this thread. :lol:
....but it's time for my afternoon nap...and dreams of Jessica Alba giving me a tongue bath. ops: :twisted: :roll: :? 8) :arrow:
Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In this case the load shifted on a surface street in Sparks between the terminal and the I80.

Given that the load made it all the way from southern Idaho without incident I suspect that the driver took a corner a wee bit too fast.