User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Damn!!! If they were going to bend you over like that you'd think they would give you the courtesy of a reach around to go with it....
Old 03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Consideration

What is happening with the OOIDA lawsuit against CRE? This is a class action lawsuit at the Federal Level I beleive contending that the CRE contact does not have sufficent consideration for the weaker party given what is provided for in the contact.

This would be mighty interesting when settled.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Actually, I was thinking more about the fact that the truck, even if it was leased to Spence, was registered as his truck...unless they did a title change the moment that CRE took it back.
CRE has a Fleece OPERATORS program, NOT a Fleece PURCHASE program. A Fleece driver for CRE will never actually own the truck, so there would be no transfer of title.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Board Regular

Just goes to show. Do not lease a truck or anything in your life. Not even a car. Lease programs are made for the leasing company to make the money. Besides the fact you do not have ownership of the vehicle.

If you want to be an O/O. Save your money and buy a used truck and pay cash for it!! If it takes time so what. At least you wont be in debt to your eyeballs and you have a fighting chance out there to make something out of driving for a living.

Think of the $2,000 a month you can pocket if you dont lease. What if truck breaks down or you need tires or whatever.

Never ever lease anything. It is not to your advantage. For you guys who want to learn more about money check out this site.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

The guy is pretty smart. If you have an XM or Sirius in your truck you can find him on the airwaves.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Board Regular

There are a few things I dispute.

One is they are charging me over a thousand dollars for an accident a second seat had. He bent a fairing.
I am only supposed to pay for the insurance deductible of $500.

AND since it is MY insurance I SHOULD be able to take it to any bodyshop I choose. Not true with CRE. They do all the repairs in SLC.

The other thing I dispute is that I am charged for:
recovery $100
Lease turn in $1400
mileage pay for the recovery driver $460
an extra weeks lease, insurance, and taxes $915
FUEL at PUMP PRICE $1600.

Come on...$1600 from Dayton to SLC???

I wouldn't mind a recovery fee. But it seems like I am paying for them to run loads on my dime while they pocket all the profit.

I know they don't send a truck directly back to SLC without a load. AND I know they will run a recovery truck as much as they need to until they can route it back to SLC.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It is roughly 1600 miles, ONE WAY from Dayton to SLC. That alone is paying the driver about 28 cpm, and many companies I know of pay a recovery driver for the entire trip, and if the driver started in SLC and had to go to Dayton to pickup the truck he is entitled to pay, IMHO. Sounds like you were charged for someone to come and get your truck, not to drive it back. I doubt you will win this one.

Quote:
An extra week from when? The day they got your truck or the day you told them to come and get it? I would not suprise me if in your lease somewhere it states you will be charged until the truck is returned to SLC.

Quote:
FUEL at PUMP PRICE $1600
Did you recieve the truck with a full tank of fuel? Were you charged for that very first tank? Did the truck have a full tank when the recovery driver picked it up? Most leases I know of state that the vehicle will be turned in with the same amount of fuel as when it was leased out.

While I hate to defend CRE for anything, I would be willing to bet that somewhere in your lease contract all of these charges were spelled out for you.

The bottom line, which weighs heavily against you, is that you refused to return the vehicle to the leasing agent when you decided to terminate the lease.

A lawyer can advise you, and s/he might be able to get some of the charges reduced, but I myself would not be willing to bet on it. So far, to the best of my knowledge, few, if any of the law suits brought against companies like Prime and CRE in regards to L/P issues have been successful.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
So far, to the best of my knowledge, few, if any of the law suits brought against companies like Prime and CRE in regards to L/P issues have been successful.
Of course not, Those companies can afford a team of "Johnnie Cochran" type lawyers to prepare and defend their contracts.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibamars
Just goes to show. Do not lease a truck or anything in your life. Not even a car. Lease programs are made for the leasing company to make the money. Besides the fact you do not have ownership of the vehicle.

Never ever lease anything. It is not to your advantage. For you guys who want to learn more about money check out this site.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

The guy is pretty smart. If you have an XM or Sirius in your truck you can find him on the airwaves.
Hmmm got to disagree with that notion. "Lease those things that deprecate and buy those things that appreciate." This is true if you are constantly replacing the thing that is depreciating.

First, buying a car every three years or so is very expensive, but if you must .. then leasing is a better option over time. Especially cars that do not depreciate as much like a Lexus. You can get 60% residual for a $70,000 car and drive for much less down and much less car payments than buying. You would be in about the same position as far as equity if you bought. (about broke even -- owing about as much as the car is worth)

That is given that you are going through cars like toilet paper.

Trucks as a business can be a very lucretive lease. I am not talking about CRE, Prime etc. where the money factor is outrageous. The reason these leases are outrageous is that the money factor is way above prime .. in the range of lending money to a high credit risk. Usury even...

Let us say we are borrowing at 1/4 point above the prime rate. (A lease is borrowing money to pay the difference between value of the truck now and when you turn it back in) We lease for three years at 40% residual. For a 100,000 truck That equates to about $400 per week. I can deduct my lease payments as a direct business expense against profits, and I have zero capital depreciation over time. I dispose of the truck at the end of 3 years (now out of warrantee) and do it again.

But, this requires capital, a credit rating above 780, and convincing the bank you are going to be successful where other have not.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerian
There are a few things I dispute.

One is they are charging me over a thousand dollars for an accident a second seat had. He bent a fairing.
I am only supposed to pay for the insurance deductible of $500.

AND since it is MY insurance I SHOULD be able to take it to any bodyshop I choose. Not true with CRE. They do all the repairs in SLC.

No, while it may be your insurance, it is CRE's Truck that was damaged, and they DO have the right to say where it will be repaired.

The other thing I dispute is that I am charged for:
recovery $100
Possibly; did you get anything in writting from CRE as to where the truck should be dropped off??
Even if you did, there was, in fact, a recovery involved here, anbd they are within their rights to charge you for it.

Lease turn in $1400
No surprise here!! you did terminate the lease early.
There was, in fact, a recovery, which did, in fact, require a recovery driver who has to be paid!!
Think you'll find they are good on this one, too!! I can se no reason for this to be invalid.
FUEL at PUMP PRICE $1600.
Come on...$1600 from Dayton to SLC???
Depends upon the wording of the contract, but they may well be within their rights here...the pre-negotiated price that CRE has arranged for with the fuel suppliers is intended to facilitate the conducting of commerce, not recovering trucks....or, they may not be....this is why you need to consult an attorney. This is also why you should never enter into a lease agreement like this without first seeking qualified legal counsel.

I wouldn't mind a recovery fee. But it seems like I am paying for them to run loads on my dime while they pocket all the profit.

What you are suggesting may, in fact, be completely true; if so, then an attorney should be able to find out, and use this to your advantage. This is where their duty to mitigate damages comes into play.

I know they don't send a truck directly back to SLC without a load. AND I know they will run a recovery truck as much as they need to until they can route it back to SLC.
What "You Know" isn't important; what IS important is what you can prove. Again, you need to see an attorney, and do it NOW; Don't wait!!

As for everything else, I can see where some of these points could be argued either way. I'm not a lawyer, but I do deal with contractual matters. While some of CRE's claims against you are, indeed, valid, they still have a legal obligation to mitigate damages, and that's where an attorney can help you.

In any event, the technical points are of limited importance here. One way or another, you are going to have to seek legal counsel, and the sooner, the better. In any event, both CRE and you would be far better off with a settlement that you can afford, while putting somew money in their coffers as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, it's not like you wern't warned.

I guess this is a lesson to all of the drivers out there thinking about a "fleece" program....and to those who are on it, if you not making the money they promised you, PARK YOUR TRUCK!

(at the bottom of a lake somewhere...at least you get to test the qualecomm to see if it's waterproof.) :twisted: :twisted:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'