User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I take down the truck/trailer #s , location, date & time and call it in to the police and/or the company. We don't need more BS on the roads. With company radio communications to drivers they can get the message real quick.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
I'm not trying to be a wiseass, nor condoning what the other driver did, but I'm gonna ask this anyway. If the weigh station was just up ahead on the right, and you were already in the correct lane to exit, why the heck did you even try to pass him? I don't understand going from the right lane...to the left lane...back to the right lane...so you could exit at the station. Wouldn't it make more sense to just stay put in the right hand lane and exit when you got there? 65 mph...60 mph..either way you're talking mere seconds in time difference.
I could be wrong, but it sounds like this game was going on for a few miles and also not everyone knows the exct location(s) of weigh stations in every state they are passing through.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Board Member

report it asap. last nite i had to call law about a driver who was wandering from left lane to right shoulder. as i was passing him on left he sorta drifted into my lane causing me to leave the pavement and come to a complete stop before driving out of the mud back onto the road. it was a training company and i got the trailer number. while i was passing him i was worried by his sudden lane changes and erratic speed changing. luckily i was worried enuf that when he took my lane i was prepared for the worst.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Board Icon

I've never understood why some drivers do that. Our trucks are governed at 68. I've passed some owner operators going 65, and I have gotten around them, and rolled on. All of a sudden, they blow my doors off. Never understood why those guys who have those trucks that can tear up the asphalt, and they do that.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Board Regular

Morons in 4 wheelers do that stuff also.
I passed a slowpoke on I20 and he got pissed.
Whipped around me when I was doing 70 and pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes.
What an a$$*ole he was,nobody wrecked but pretty darn close.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, I have them come up behind me out of nowhere. No tellin how fast they were going, and then they just run right there behind me, having their left headlight sticking out. :P One of these nights one of those big ol pigs, or a deer is gonna run out in front of me, and then it might get ugly. :? :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
I've never understood why some drivers do that. Our trucks are governed at 68. I've passed some owner operators going 65, and I have gotten around them, and rolled on. All of a sudden, they blow my doors off. Never understood why those guys who have those trucks that can tear up the asphalt, and they do that.
Because they were too busy on the phone trying to get another load lined up and had to use a map to see how close each load was to where they were going to be at with the current load.

I was poking along today and I ain't very sure but I think someone may have stuck a sign on the rear of my unit that read, "Please cut me off." I was poking along 5 under the speed limit and was instantly being cut off by 4 wheelers. Ah well, I got back to the yard safe and that's all that matters.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Board Regular

Drop a dime on the bonehead.......and I'm not talking about calling his company and reporting him. Call the HP. Report a truck driving erratic and unsafely. Give them a good description and location. I was headed to Texarkana one evening when some bonehead started playing that game. He even went so far as to swerve over into my lane causing me to hit the brakes to avoid catching his trailer. I just backed off and let him lead, meanwhile I dialed the AHP gave them his trailer # and location as well as my information .........about 15 miles down the road........here comes Mr. Patrolman running up the left lane.........sees my trailer, pulls up beside me and picks up his CB mic and gives me 4 fingers........we talk for a few minutes and then he hits the lights and takes off........... a mile or so down the road, there he is and Mr. Bonehead ain't acting too big now.

A week or so later, my wife tells me I got a letter from the AHP thanking me for alerting them to an unsafe truck driver........maybe I should have kept it........it might have been good for a get outa trouble card...........nahhhhh, they ain't that nice.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Rookie
Default Boneheads

I just got in last night from my first 2 weeks with Swift. Verrry interesting 2 weeks. Had 4 wheelers racing me to get to the construction lane closure. I let them in. Light change, I'm turning right onto entrance ramp and 3 cars zip across my right of way. I let a car onto the interstate and the car stayed by my steer tire so I couldn't get back in the right lane. Had to slow down to do it.
My trainer had the CB on and some inbred illiterate was having pick a fight with swift day. He wouldn't maintain the speed limit and when my trainer tried to pass he sped up. Claimed it was his cruise control. Yeah, right. He kept being obnoxious on the radio and threatened to kick my trainers ass. I wish the jerk had pulled over as my trainer is in his mid 40's and pretty fit and mr. S*&# for brains was a fat hog with a refridgerator strapped into the passenger seat.
For the most part my encounters with other drivers has been a good experience as most are courteous and safe professionals. I want to thank the good ones for being out there. As far as the bonehaeds are concerned; they can contact me and I will send them a rope so they can p*$$ up it or make the world a better place and just hang themselves.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Board Regular

those 4 wheelers dont have much training.some times you can make a move and prevent them from hurting themselves.
if you want to get into law enforcement that can be a full time job. ive learned from dealing with the neighbors from hell. you can spend your time off going to court and preparing to go to court. its cheaper to move on. i think vey carefully before calling 911, maybe 411 will get you a non emergency number. yea it cost a buck or something