User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You guys can just hush up cus I don't want to hear it! :shock: lol. Now that I've walked away from the truck I can't stop thinking about it. When I drive in my car I imagine myself driving the truck again...what the hell is this? I can't stop thinking about it. Is this what they say when it gets in your blood? I really hope this is just nistalgia or getting over a lover or something and that it eventually goes away..though my friend tells me it won't.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Board Regular

someone's gettin the highway itch.......grass wasn't greener on the otherside afterall? or the grounds a lil too close to your seat as you're driving along now? You'll do what's best for you, best wishes to you for whatever path life leads you in whether it's trucking or otherwise
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Board Regular

The life of the OTR driver is not for everyone, a lot of people get into it thinking that it is all fun and games and they will be travelling like a tourist. That is not really how it is, most of the time you don't ever have time to do anything fun. The only sightseeing you will do is from your windshield at 65 mph. It can be very lonely, very stressful, I know, I have a nice home and a lot of times I would rather be at home than on the road.

I don't think it is worth doing any job if you are truly not happy. If I were you I would definatly look into doing something that will have you home everynight. there are a lot of other options out there other than truck driving
Old 03-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Rookie

Well folks, I went into an interview for Performance Food Groups today...they are hiring in my area and they will take someone who has under one year of experience. I was very impressed and I think the interview went very well. Very nice pay package (20 per hour), full benefits and college tuition reimbursement which would help me finish my degree. Maybe this is the right job for me. I don't mind hard work at all. Maybe after I get one to two years experience I can get a nice cushy job hauling diesel for Pilot or Loves So yeah OTR is definatley behind me, I don't miss it one bit.

I am starting the car sales job tomorrow but I'm less than optomistic about it. I was supposed to start Monday, called Monday morning before I went in. The guy didn't remember who I was at first and he was the one that interviwed me. guy said he would have to pull my drug test and background results..(I"m like don't you check that BEFORE you hire someone?). Tells me to call him Tuesday morning before 10. SO I call. Tells me he will call me back later that day. I wait till 4pm, call him, don't get a response. So I drive to the dealership. I come in and talk to him and he asks me if I filled out the forms for my background check lol. Yeah I did that Monday. So he tells me to come in to start Thursday morning. He was off Wednesday. So this has not been a very pleasant experience. I can only hope that things go better tomorrow. I'll see how it goes. If not well hopefully PFG calls me in 2 weeks.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin
I really hope this is just nistalgia or getting over a lover or something and that it eventually goes away..though my friend tells me it won't.
It will. Assuming you have any measure of personal discipline and don't give in to every petty emotional whim.

Decide what you want to do, what you like to do, and put your energy into that. Getting into something, and then thinking the grass is greener somewhere else is almost a guarantee of failure no matter what your chosen field of endeavor. There are always things that tug at your emotions, but if you let your emotions run your life, your life will be a mess. If you live in the past, you will not have much of a future.

Good Luck.