Old 03-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
I always use the Petro when spending the night in Atlanta.
I fueled up there the other day and I saw a Crete recruiting office right where you enter. I thought that was a smart place to put a recruiting office. If I had time I would have went in and talked with them myself.

How about the truck stops that charge, do you guys ever pay these places?

That Petro charged as a matter of fact. Last night I was in Rhode Island and pulled in the truck stop, a local one, on exit 5B on 95 and they wanted me to pay so I left. I know if you get fuel you don't have to but I didn't need fuel.
Of course with me being a company driver I just request emergency fuel, gives me a free place to park and a free shower as well. If I was an owner /operator not sure what I'd do.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
I stayed at that rhode island stop last week....I just plain flat out didnt have anywhere else to go and payed....made me mad but I had to. That was the first time i have paid to park since i have been driving..i steer clear of those rip off little places anytime I can.
Most places in the northeast do charge, thats one of the reasons I hate that area.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
I hate the big U.S. chain truckstops (flying J, petro, TA etc) I will only ever go to these places as a last resort for anything, I think they have the worst food, worst service and all the lowlifes seem to be attracted to these places. I usually sleep at the customer, most of my customers are repeat customers so I know I can sleep at most of the places. I also have a few secret places I like to sleep. There are only a handful of smaller truckstops that I will actually stop at to eat or shower. I think the big ones just rip off drivers and I don't like to suppport these places

When I am running in Canada, I know of a few spots to pull off the road to sleep since in some places of the country truck stops are few and far in between, and we don't have very many big truckstops like in the US, but the ones we do have seem to be smaller and friendlier.

I only stop long enough to get some sleep and then get up and get going again, I have never in my life spent 10 hrs in a truck stop, if I took 10 hrs off everyday I would never get my deliveries done and I would never get home, I just want to get my weeks work done and get my a$$ home, I have no desire to hang around a truck stop for half a day, all that wasted time sitting around is time I could be spending at home.

I usually stay away from rest areas because some of them are so tight that I am afraid of someone taking my front end off my truck, and I really don't like the idea that in some parts of the US they don't even allow you to park more than a few hours, I think this is bulls**t. There are not enough places to park as it is

I also think it is bulls**t that some truckstops actually make you pay to park, just proves that these places are just out to rip off the truckdrivers, they already charge too much for their crap food and everything else. The rip off Petro in Atlanta comes to mind, they now charge 10 bucks. it must a pretty bad area since the whole place is fenced in with razor wire.
The thing is nobody has to spend money in these places. I don't mind staying at the big chains, but I hardly ever eat at those places. Really never do. I shower and other than that I'm in the truck. Sure lot of lowlifes but I never see people as I'm in the truck with the curtains drawn and in my own world.