User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default OMG JB Hunt driver almost took out a truck......

I live in a trailer court, and a JB Hunt driver decided to turn around by going through the court. Which was fine, except he went the wrong way.

The court is shaped like a U. My side is skinny, and the other has alot more room. It use to be a gas station, but now the owner is leasing it out to an auto repair guy. There is more than enough room over there.

This guy enters on the roomy side. He is now trying to turn to get out. He passed my trailer and van sitting outside. I'll give him credit that he did stop and look, but really didn't look on the passenger side of the truck too well. He was creeping up, and was an inch away from taking out my next door neighbor's truck.

I went out there waved him down, made sure he saw me, and I had him open the door. I told him he was about to hit the truck. He said, yea, I saw that, and asked me if I knew who owned the truck. I do, but the truck had starter problems.

I knock on the door, and the my neighbor came out. Next thing I know another neighbor comes out. I go around the truck and tell the driver that the other two are there near the truck. The driver gets out, and all three of the push the truck forward.

Now the trailer can clear the truck. My other neighbor that has his car near the back of the trailer moved it just in case. The driver is starting to pull out now. The the second neighbor that came out starts yelling at the driver to make a hard left, and then proceeds to swear at him and ask what the blankety blank is he doing? He is also bi-polar also so....

Anyhow he gets out with out hitting anything.

There were some ruts though. My husband parks his tractor in the court in between the trailer park and the now auto repair shop. I called the land lord to tell him what went on, and yes I got the tractor number, and my daughter got the trailer number. She was looking out the window. I didn't want the landlord to think my husband did that with his tractor when it was the JB Hunt driver.

That Hunt driver seemed like he was bound and determined to move that truck forward even if it did hit something. Somehow I think he thought he could somehow clear it by a centimeter, when he actually couldn't.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Call JB Hunt and tell them what happened. He should know better than to try to turn around a truck in a trailer park.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Board Regular

what an idiot lucky their wasnt power lines low he would had even a bigger problem than just ruts.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Senior Board Member

uhh the guy didn`t hit anything, and he knew he was damn close to the truck.

what are ya gonna do call JB Hunt and say a driver came close to yet didnt hit a vehicle? :lol:
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
uhh the guy didn`t hit anything, and he knew he was damn close to the truck.

what are ya gonna do call JB Hunt and say a driver came close to yet didnt hit a vehicle? :lol:
Read the first post. :roll:

Quote:
There were some ruts though. My husband parks his tractor in the court in between the trailer park and the now auto repair shop. I called the land lord to tell him what went on, and yes I got the tractor number, and my daughter got the trailer number. She was looking out the window. I didn't want the landlord to think my husband did that with his tractor when it was the JB Hunt driver.