User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Got a ticket

So I was coming south on US-71 thru Harrisonville, MO. Scale was open so I went in, and was told to bring in my paperwork. So I did that, and everything was in order with my logbook and registration, and then the officer runs my License, and it comes back "Not Licensed." The officer calls my state (Virginia) to double check, and they tell him that if it says Not Licensed, it means I don't have a license, despite the fact that he is holding it in his hands. So long story short, he puts me OOS and gives me a ticket for driving without a license. So I go back to my truck and call the Virginia DMV to figure out what the heck is going on, and they tell me that on 11/4, which was two days after I obtained my VA CDL, that I surrendered that CDL to Missouri (which i obvisouly did not do). So what they are having me do, is fax to them a letter stating that I did not surrender my license to another state, and a copy of my CDL for them to look at. So they will look at it tomorrow morning and call me, and hopefully they'll fix it in the computer to show that I never surrendered it, and I can be on my way. All that I have to do then, is work on fighting my ticket.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Board Icon

VA's DMV is very notorious for this crap. My brother lost his regular license without being notified by DMV even though they claimed they did. They also listed him as having a CDL when he did not. They did the same to his buddy. He got a letter from his insurance about it when he had never been issused a ticket and still had his license. Someone punched in something wrong and his license got suspended. He ended up having to fight with DMV by going to Richmond to get his license back even though he had done nothing wrong in the first place. Had to pay a major fee to get it re-instated and then had to deal with higher insurance premiums for their screw-up which they never admitted.

They will prolly make you jump thru the same hoops my brother's buddy did.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Rookie

According to what I was told, is that Missouri was the one that said I had surrendered my license. What I figure is, I went to Missouri for training with my company at the beginning of August. On 8/31 I passed my test in Missouri, and went to the DMV there to get my CDL, when I did this, they took both my VA License and CDL permit. The next time I went to VA, 11/2, I turned in the Mo License and got my VA CDL. So I think that Missouri didn't report to VA that I surrenderd my license to them on 8/31 until 11/4, and that VA thought it was the one I just got that was surrendered.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Board Icon

Sounds like it but unless you get the 1 nice person in the entire DMV system, they will make you jump thru rings of fire. *knock on wood* I have been lucky enough to not have any problems but this type of crap is the norm with VA's DMV people.