User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVENDOG
Ya your right I guess i did get a little light in the head, but being lied too is what burns me up the most, I'll put Swift in the past, but will not forget, I will still tell everyone how much I dislike them and their way of doing business with the driver's, and if more drivers would pass out the word they would soon run out of people and we could wipe them off the map, but I know some drivers have got to start some where.

So forgive me and I shall forgive those that lie and cheat and leave it up to the Lord to settle their bill, every one has to pay the fiddler at the end of the dance one way or another.

Just a word for thought, If you dont like being lied to, trucking is not the business for you. They will all fib at one time or another....lol
Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California
Default Re: Wl-Mart driver offer Help!!

Quote:
I was called by a recruiter from Wal-Mart (he claimed that anyway) He told me he received my resume i placed on the web from his assistant, and wanted to offer me a job as CDL driver for wal-Mart. Get this, he said that I only needed 90 days of experience and that he would call his friend at Swift and get me hired there with them, he told me not tell them about my conversation with him, as far as being employed with in the 90 days as a driver for wal-mart, he further said I should keep in contact with by calling him once a week and that as soon as the 90 days were completed he would bring me on board with wal-mart, smells kinda fishy. Am I being scammed by a Swift recruiter. I just finished driving school and really need your opinions and advice on this.
I am sure he is telling you the truth.

Buy the way, I have some stocks for sale in a gold mine that cannot possible fail. Also, if you need property, I have some beautiful ocean front stuff in Florida and a bridge in Brooklyn where I am sure you could make some money by charging user fees.

You can find all of this on my website.

www.yourgoingtoloseyourmoneyforsure.com
Old 02-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Well sir if that is the case I still feel that Swift has to be the one company in the USA run by a bunch of dumb a$$$, how can you justify what the recruiters are doing, if I was the boss man I would up and fire any recruiter that lied to a prospective driver, sooner or later the truth shows up.

I for one will never ever, ever work for such a deceitful company and its army of lairs and cheats, Swift truly does suck and every time I see a Swift truck I will thank the good lord that I do not have to suck it up and work there. I will tell every one I meet how Swift is the rock bottom of the trucking companies out there, I will also voice my concern to the companies that do business with Swift and let them know that I will not patronize their store until the business relationship with Swift is over.
You should try to relax. Recruiters from all walks of life, not just trucking, tend to do a little embellishing of the big picture. It doesn't mean the whole entity is at fault for what a few bad apples do. Try to refocus your energy towards researching companies and less on the witch-hunt. If you get this bent out of shape over someone trying to BS you what's going to happen when some moron cuts you off when you're a driver. Like anything else in life, let the buyer beware. One of the good things about boards like CAD is us rookies have a place to get a bunch of different perspectives to help make decisions. At least you followed up on it and didn't just jump on this "offer". Good lock.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I called wal-mart HQ and spoke to a real nice young lady that told me it is a SCAM BY SWIFT!!!! I am the second person today to ask about this fabulous job offer, the Snakes name is Jeff Wolf and he can be reached at 1-866-597-3832 and his E-mail is [email protected], I have called him and told him what a despicable rat, fink lair he is, this really burns me up, so every one beware of this low life scum and the scum company of Swift he works for.
yeah, they're just taking lessons from JB Hunt.... :lol: :lol:
Old 02-22-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Well sir if that is the case I still feel that Swift has to be the one company in the USA run by a bunch of dumb a$$$, how can you justify what the recruiters are doing, if I was the boss man I would up and fire any recruiter that lied to a prospective driver, sooner or later the truth shows up.

I for one will never ever, ever work for such a deceitful company and its army of lairs and cheats, Swift truly does suck and every time I see a Swift truck I will thank the good lord that I do not have to suck it up and work there. I will tell every one I meet how Swift is the rock bottom of the trucking companies out there, I will also voice my concern to the companies that do business with Swift and let them know that I will not patronize their store until the business relationship with Swift is over.
Easy there son, this is probably one of swift's recruiters contracted outside the company. Have you ever worked for swift? How could you say such things about a company you dont know. Do you even know how to drive? Dont you think recruiters frequent this board?? With no experience take your pick:

-swift
-warner
-england
-schneider
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWaste

Easy there son, this is probably one of swift's recruiters contracted outside the company. Have you ever worked for swift? How could you say such things about a company you dont know. Do you even know how to drive? Dont you think recruiters frequent this board?? With no experience take your pick:

-swift
-warner
-england
-schneider
What makes the difference if he's contracted or working right out of the office in Phoenix? He's still representing the company and if Swift can't understand this fact they're nuts. This guy feels that Swift tried to screw him over and the fact that they allow such practices to happen tells me that he's right.

He was wronged and he's voicing that to anyone who will listen. Nothing wrong with that at all, it's completely natural. I don't know that I would go so far as to not patronage any stores that do business with Swift because I like to eat and own things that make my life easier. Swift plays a big part in delivering those things to just about every store in America in one way or another.

Dog, you've issued your warning, gave us all his name and contact info and I probably would've done the same thing. You called the local DC, but you could also call the corporate offices for both companies and give them his name and info. My guess is that it will fall on deaf ears at Swift because I'm sure they've had their fair share of complaints on recruiters. It probably won't go anywhere at Wal-Mart either, but you never know.

The guy is obviously nothing, but a two-bit used car salesman if he resorts to such tactics. He doesn't think about anything long term, just thinks he's found a way that he could make a ton of money real quick by offering a deal you can't refuse. I'd be willing to bet that the agreement that he has with Swift says that in order for him to get full commission, the driver has to complete 90 days with Swift. His sales tactics make him a total scumbag and it doesn't do much at all for Swift either.

Good luck.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWaste
Quote:

-swift
-warner
-england
-schneider

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THEY ALL $UCK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can add a few more in there also:

J.B. unt (mispelled on purpose)
CRST
Prime
PAM

Just to name a few more.

By the way, you spelled Werner wrong.

DRIVENDOG, stick to the small companies. You don't need these no good mega carriers. The roads would be a lot better and safer without them. There would be a lot more real truck drivers on the road as well as O/O. If these mega carriers never came about, the trucking industry would be completely different than what it is today.

And yes in the trucking industry you will be lied to again and again, day in and day out, and multiple times a day.

I am a "moon bat" and proud of it.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Blaming all recruiters for what this guy did is like me blaming you for every fatality a truck driver caused.

Yes, some recruiters lie. Guess what? Some drivers lie too. When it is all said and done, I guarantee I am lied to by more drivers on a weekly basis than you are lied to by recruiters in 5 years. You will never hear me use such a ignorant broad generalizing statement like "all drivers lie" just because it happens to me 50 times a week.

For the person who started this thread......You have to start somewhere. No you arent going to be able to drive for walmart for quite a while. My advice, take whatever you can get for the first few months. Go into the job not expecting to make any money, but LEARNING HOW TO MAKE THE JOB WORK FOR YOU. if you end up going with Swift, there are 1000s of drivers over there making Swift work....I talk to them all the time. LEARN FROM THOSE DRIVERS, NOT THE ONES WHO FAILED. This is the same for any company. For any company out there you are going to find drivers who are doing well and say the job is great and you will find drivers doing poorly who will say the job sucks. (Simple math here....The bigger the company, the more drivers you will find complaining) If you listen to the negative about a company and go into any job expecting to fail, YOU WILL FAIL EVERYTIME. If you go into any job expecting to learn from those who have succeeded before you, you have a much better chance of achieving success.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
Going a little over board don't ya think? :roll:
You might as well get naked and stand in the street, so you don't touch anything that swift may have hauled.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Board Regular

Well, most of the recruiting that is done for Walmart is done by word-of-mouth, and recruiting within. IMO you'd be better off running OTR.