User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I understand what you are saying. But at the same time, I am a previous employee of L & H Trucking. And I don't feel sorry for them at all. Dispatch knew daily that you were going to drive over hours. They also knew there were going to doctor your timecard to mask what was really going on.

They typically scheduled local drivers for a 16-18 hour day, knowing full well what the 14 hour rule was.

I do feel sorry for the driver because it could have very easily been me. That is why I left the company and now work for a company that understands the rules.

Another reason I don't feel sorry for anything that happens to L & H Trucking is because before I left the company I contacted the DOT and the FMCSA and told them waht was going on. They never started an investigation until after Joyce St Laurent was killed.

If the DOT and the FMCSA would have done their investigation earlier maybe the accident would never have happened. Who knows?

After L & H found out I was the one who contacted the DOT and FMCSA they have threatened to blackball me to make sure I never work in the trucking industry again. They also made the same threats to my wife.
They purposly made false reports to DAC to make her driving record look rediculously bad and now nobody will hire her until the false reports are removed. She did have 2 very minor Unreportable DOT incidents where she once scratched a fender backing into a dock, and one where she bent a bumper in a snow bank. They reported she has had 6 accidents.

As far as me I have over a million miles without and accident or incident. But they are still trying their best to make me look like an incompetant driver.

So to me I will never be satisfied until L & H Trucking, Inc. closes it's doors and the owners are living on skid row.