LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
I don't care who goes off! It is only the certain one's and the others well they seem to have no PROBLEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMM with me!
God, I think I'm in love..... :shock: :? :lol:
Down boy :lol:
Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Dawn, I'm a retired computer programmer. So I'm sure I a have lot better understanding of what is involved in creating print modules than you.

Secondly, I haven't spoke to either Bruce or Frank. I have spoken several times to Fritz (before either Bruce or Frank were even involved). I was one of the guys involved in the beta testing of DDL way back when.

Dawn, I know you want to help. However, there are subjects you don't know about and are better left to those that do know. This just happens to be one of these subjects. It only makes people go off on you (which happens on just about thread on this board). Ask yourself Why?

As a wise man once said: " It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

kc0iv
KC: Below is an e-mail from Frank @ DDL:
Which is basically what I stated in the first place!
I never claimed to know how to PROGRAM the DDL, AGAIN NO THANKS, THAT IS THEIR JOB, NOT MINE!
I know what the "Company" is thinking, I thought the same thing; hmmm.

If your company accepts logs printed from one of the existing print modules then all we need know which print module and 'form variation' if any for the print module.

Getting company to accept DDL printed logs.
In general it is a matter of presenting a DDL printed log to your log department, and 'see what happens'. See if the log will scan if your motor carrier has a scanning system. Most companies recognize the advantages of neat, error free, duty status logs. Swift, JB Hunt, Prime, Celadon are a few that come to mind that accept and encourage drivers to use DDL if they have computers. But there are a few that seem to remember the regulations 'logs must be in the drivers own handwriting'. But there has been a Regulatory Guidance (Question 28 FMCSR 395.8 - big green book - since 2002) which gives guidance on computer printed logs)
I suggest 'snail mail' of a couple of blank forms to me. Fritz Bjorklund, PO Box 157, Kulpmont PA 17834. So I can review to see if one of the existing print modules 'match' or the modifications are minimal. For a 'brand new' form i.e. different, we require that 25 drivers be confirmed as DDL users of that form before we can commit to the development effort required to prepare a new print module.

The 'Is DDL Legal' topic on the web site. Including copies of the original letter FMCSA sent me regarding the Regulatory Guidance.
http://www.driversdailylog.com/ddllegal.htm.

10 Jan 2002. FMCSA issues 'Regulatory Guidance' favorable to DDL users - 04 Jan 2002 Response from FMCSA p3
See below for the other two pages of the FMCSA letter of 04 Jan 2002. Good news for computer users. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rulesregs/f...nterp395.8.htm Check
out Question 28 at the FMCSA Regulatory Guidance page 'Interpretations' for 395.8 Driver's Record of Duty Status. The FMCSA finally 'published' the Guidance on the web.

DDL v3.4.2.0 or later for CAN2007 and USA rules.
http://www.driversdailylog.com/DDL340.EXE
Direct links to DDL install programs.

Also visit www.driversdailylog.com every two months or so to see if new features in DDL are useful. They can be downloaded to update your DDL without additional charges.

Sincerely,
Fritz Roland Bjorklund

If you read all my post; sounds like I said the same thing as him, but "KC" said the exact opposite. For instance KC stated "Frank does not have time to make any more print modules". He clearly stated 25 or more drivers and he will be happy to work on a new print module if one of them does not currently match your log format.

You said it wasn't as simple as mailing out a log sheet, but Frank clearly states to snail mail a log sheet and he will make the template as closely as possible; if 25 or more drivers are signed on with DDL using the same format. Which is why I said get a bunch of drivers to e-mail DDL requesting that log format.

So everyone before you assume one is not right; maybe you should check your facts :roll: :roll: :roll:

KC was under the "WRONG" impression of the discussion and thought I said I knew how to "PROGRAM" the DDL on print modules; which is NOT EVEN THE CASE, and I specifaclly stated I don't care how they program anything, that is their job!
I on the other hand was telling drivers how to go about getting their company to accept DDL and how to get a hold of DDL to SEE if they can get their print module set up!

KC get your head out of the programming world and learn how to read "again" what was discussed in the first place!

Oh and did you contact him 10 years ago and that is the information you retain? HE HAS GROWN SINCE THEN! :lol:
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Senior Board Member

KC never said you knew how to program anything.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn

I never claimed to know how to PROGRAM the DDL, AGAIN NO THANKS, THAT IS THEIR JOB, NOT MINE!

If your company accepts logs printed from one of the existing print modules then all we need know which print module and 'form variation' if any for the print module.

In general it is a matter of presenting a DDL printed log to your log department, and 'see what happens'. See if the log will scan if your motor carrier has a scanning system. Most companies recognize the advantages of neat, error free, duty status logs. Swift, JB Hunt, Prime, Celadon are a few that come to mind that accept and encourage drivers to use DDL if they have computers. But there are a few that seem to remember the regulations 'logs must be in the drivers own handwriting'. But there has been a Regulatory Guidance (Question 28 FMCSR 395.8 - big green book - since 2002) which gives guidance on computer printed logs)
I suggest 'snail mail' of a couple of blank forms to me. Fritz Bjorklund, PO Box 157, Kulpmont PA 17834. So I can review to see if one of the existing print modules 'match' or the modifications are minimal. For a 'brand new' form i.e. different, we require that 25 drivers be confirmed as DDL users of that form before we can commit to the development effort required to prepare a new print module.

The 'Is DDL Legal' topic on the web site. Including copies of the original letter FMCSA sent me regarding the Regulatory Guidance.

10 Jan 2002. FMCSA issues 'Regulatory Guidance' favorable to DDL users - 04 Jan 2002 Response from FMCSA p3
See below for the other two pages of the FMCSA letter of 04 Jan 2002. Good news for computer users. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rulesregs/f...nterp395.8.htm Check
out Question 28 at the FMCSA Regulatory Guidance page 'Interpretations' for 395.8 Driver's Record of Duty Status. The FMCSA finally 'published' the Guidance on the web.

Also visit www.driversdailylog.com every two months or so to see if new features in DDL are useful. They can be downloaded to update your DDL without additional charges.

Sincerely,
Fritz Roland Bjorklund

If you read all my post; sounds like I said the same thing as him, but "KC" said the exact opposite. For instance KC stated "Frank does not have time to make any more print modules". He clearly stated 25 or more drivers and he will be happy to work on a new print module if one of them does not currently match your log format.

You said it wasn't as simple as mailing out a log sheet, but Frank clearly states to snail mail a log sheet and he will make the template as closely as possible; if 25 or more drivers are signed on with DDL using the same format. Which is why I said get a bunch of drivers to e-mail DDL requesting that log format.

So everyone before you assume one is not right; maybe you should check your facts :roll: :roll: :roll:

KC was under the "WRONG" impression of the discussion and thought I said I knew how to "PROGRAM" the DDL on print modules; which is NOT EVEN THE CASE, and I specifaclly stated I don't care how they program anything, that is their job!
I on the other hand was telling drivers how to go about getting their company to accept DDL and how to get a hold of DDL to SEE if they can get their print module set up!

KC get your head out of the programming world and learn how to read "again" what was discussed in the first place!

Oh and did you contact him 10 years ago and that is the information you retain? HE HAS GROWN SINCE THEN! :lol:
Dawn, It is a complete waste of my time to discuss this topic with you.

Why don't you read what Fritz said in his letter to you(?). Then answer a few questions.

(1) What was his first suggestion?

(2) When he suggested mailing him copies of your log what was he first going to do with these copies?

(3) How many and what kind of users are required before he will commit to his development effort for a new print module?

Now outside the letter from Fritz give the the posting were I said: "
Frank does not have time to make any more print modules."

Seeing I have NEVER spoke to Frank I'd like for you to show this posting where I made such a statement. I'll put a $1000 bucks up saying you can't produce this quote.

kc0iv
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
KC never said you knew how to program anything.
glasman2, Thank's for the support.

Dawn seen to be a person that just can't understand basic reading with comprehension. And along with that she would rather argue than except she doesn't know something. The old get the last word in.

kc0iv
Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:

Sincerely,
Fritz Roland Bjorklund

Dawn, It is a complete waste of my time to discuss this topic with you.

Why don't you read what Fritz said in his letter to you(?). Then answer a few questions.

(1) What was his first suggestion?
In general it is a matter of presenting a DDL printed log to your log department, and 'see what happens'. See if the log will scan if your motor carrier has a scanning system. Most companies recognize the advantages of neat, error free, duty status logs.

His first suggestion was to give your company a printed DDL log sheet ( 2 drivers did this with me and I as one of the people Bruce stated was "NO my scanning software does not accept this instantly instead of researching it as I am a very busy woman) All the driver needs to do is attempt the steps I stated. JJ keller froms are listed under the Drivers Daily log forms! Which is what most companies use, now some use Rapid and now some smaller companies could care less as long as it is a log sheet!

(2) When he suggested mailing him copies of your log what was he first going to do with these copies?

Not sure what you are talking about, he said if they don't currently have that form, all you need to do is snail mail him a copy and it takes @ least 25 drivers and he can commit!
They seem to have most of the Scanning software forms as a few may not be listed, the most common software is on there :lol: I have checked out most of the logging scanning software for trucking companies recently and in my consideration they should have accepted DDL!

(3) How many and what kind of users are required before he will commit to his development effort for a new print module? 25?? I said in the beginning if it would be worth their time? This is why I asked you what form you are using and who do you work for, not trying to be personal, trying to be helpfull to you

Now outside the letter from Fritz give the the posting were I said: "
Frank does not have time to make any more print modules."

Seeing I have NEVER spoke to Frank I'd like for you to show this posting where I made such a statement. I'll put a $1000 bucks up saying you can't produce this quote.

kc0iv
Produce what quote?? You have me confused. You claimed I stated I knew how the programming part was simple, I DID NOT STATE THIS! I stated it was a simple process to attempt your company and to push it as my drivers did, and I stated if it is worth their time into producing the log format they would! You went on the tangante about how you have to program a log format? I never claimed and stressed I could care less on what it takes to format the log to scan through! If I give them business of 25 drivers or more they will be happy to oblige, will it take time? YES! As I stated in the beginning!
I also stated I am not sure exactly the process with the company versus DDL to get started as I was not in on that!
I do know what response I had towards drivers when I was approached and I openly stated this to help a driver push it further! Wow what a concept I didn't state I knew everything about it, but I stated the steps a driver should go through to get it accepted if possible!

Wow why are we having this debate for? Your argument was that I stated it was simple to make the template of the log form, I did not! I stated they would be willing if it was worth their time! 10 drivers would not be worth their time (me I would take the time for the 10, but I am not running that business).

So what exactly would you like an answer to? Be specific and if it makes sense to something I aruged you about I will be glad to copy it and send it off to Bruce!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So what exactly would you like an answer to? Be specific and if it makes sense to something I aruged you about I will be glad to copy it and send it off to Bruce!

No thanks for your offer. The way you screw-up things I'd rather talk directly to DDL if I wanted to know something.

kc0iv
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:

No thanks for your offer. The way you screw-up things I'd rather talk directly to DDL if I wanted to know something.

kc0iv
Maybe the lack of getting help from someone is why you lack the understanding of the program these days. Having current information is better than going off information you recieved 2 years ago! :lol:
Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Board Member

You 2 need to give it up!!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member

She is still stuck on him saying she knew anything about programing, which he ( never said anything of the kind )
Getting a little tiresome hearing her complain about that.