User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default OTR,Team,Dediacated,regional ?? where should? I will start?

I first want to say that I'm Glad that I found this great site. And learned alot but...... I have a few questions. As a soon to be newbie driver I wanted to know where will I start in trucking? OTR, team ETC..I know that I might have very little choices as I will be still a newbie. But I'm not picky and will not try call the shots. I know you have to start somewhere! I am planing on going to one of those 8-12 week schools. I feel like I might need that. I have more question to as but will try to keep them short lol. Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

if you get hired by a company you most likely be wit a trainer for 6-8 weeks, then you go solo.... I know with FFE they want you to go solo unless you are like husband-wife, or aftet 6 months you can team with another driver that lives close to you, for home time would be hard if you live in florida and your team driver lives in new york, kinda hard to both be home .... most companies will send you out OTR all 48 states at first, people who are on dedicated been with the company and most likely again if a regional or dedicated came up a driver with more time than you will get it.. maybe not it all depends on the company....

I been with FFE over a year and a dedicated route came up but it was a training route and I will not be a trainer, when I sleep this truck does not move, thats my prefference, so I am still OTR.. most dedicated is for trainers with FFE, regional I was on, but lost the miles OTR has...so I went back for the miles, more miles more money...