User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Canada Calling ??

Hi People,
I have had for some time now the notion of going to Canada under their Provincial Nominee Program to become an OTR driver. Have been looking at the idea more seriously since the turn of the year. I would qualify for the program as I have 2+ years exp in the UK and shouldn't have any troubles with the medicals etc.

Are there any Ex UK drivers on the forum who have made this move ? Or any Canadian truckers who know guys from the UK that have done this ? I would really like to hear of their experiences and thoughts on the subject as a tool to help me make the final decision on whether or not to try it for myself. At this time I would say I'm 60% sold on the move, just need a final push to do it or a warning not to.

Look forward to reading your thoughts
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Canada Calling ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Bullocks

Hi People,
I have had for some time now the notion of going to Canada under their Provincial Nominee Program to become an OTR driver. Have been looking at the idea more seriously since the turn of the year. I would qualify for the program as I have 2+ years exp in the UK and shouldn't have any troubles with the medicals etc.

Are there any Ex UK drivers on the forum who have made this move ? Or any Canadian truckers who know guys from the UK that have done this ? I would really like to hear of their experiences and thoughts on the subject as a tool to help me make the final decision on whether or not to try it for myself. At this time I would say I'm 60% sold on the move, just need a final push to do it or a warning not to.

Look forward to reading your thoughts
Check out Westcan Bulk Transport, Kindersley Transport & Yanke Transport ( all based out of Saskatchewan ) & Bison Transport ( Manitoba ) - great company to work for, who recruit actively from the UK, and render relocation assistance. I live in Edmonton, Alberta ( but I'm not from the UK though )....if you have any queries, feel free to ask....I'll be more than happy to let you know what I can.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Canada Calling ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist
I live in Edmonton, Alberta