User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Question about CDL Training schools.

This question is for both the community college programs and the company sponsored training programs. But after training is complete, do you get your actual CDL license? Or is it just the training and the classes that you complete, thus still have to "find a buddy with a truck" and THEN go to the License Fairies to get road tested? I originally wanted a Class B, but found out that you needed to provide the truck. I unforunately didn't carry one in my back pocket. So I'm wondering the same thing for Class A?

Second question...How do you all do you taxes?? When you get paid, is it in full? Or is it in the form of a normal paycheck, where everything is taken out already and all you have to do is get your W-2?

I'm a noob, well...sorta..I drove in the military hauling nukes..but it seems the military license won't transfer, so I gotta start over. Oh well.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM

It is different for each state but generally the school provides the truck and driver you need for the test. Some schools have certified testers that will do the testing and issue a paper that you take to the licensing agent for the license. Other schools bring you to the state testing site and the state agents test you. Some states require that your license be issued by your state of domicile and if you get your license through a company sponsored school, and from the state the company is in, your home state may not allow you to transfer it without more testing. Check with your state for info on this.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Rookie

sweet, thanks for the info..that clarified a lot for me as it is.