User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well you will have to be a company driver first then. And you have to be on for 4 months and you have to average over +/- 10000 miles a month or they will not lease you a truck. When you stop in at West Valley City you will see the trucks siting on the lot because the leasors turned them in and went on down the road.

Good luck to ya. Read the fine print and be prepared to be pushed all over the place so that you can get your miles.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Alex, the biggest problem with Central is that they are a Reefer company. There is no such thing as drop and hook in the business. It is all live loading and unloading at a Walmart DC or whomever. So you have to get there and wait your turn. Your waiting and your wheels arent turning but the clock is and before you know it you have just enough time to pull out and go park someplace cause your hours are over for the day. Its not uncommon to show up at 0600 and not get loaded until 15 or 1600 and your on the clock the whole time. But, the dickheads that booked the load have you clocked out at 0800 because they know for sure it only takes 2 hours to get loaded so why are you still in Denver at 1730 when you should be in Utah by now? And why arent you delivering in San Diego tomorrow?

I got into some horrendus phone calls with loaders and finally was told to not call West Valley City again. Then again, Im an old guy and I am not afraid of them and will call B.S. when I see it. I think the building had a collective sigh of relief when I quit.

But, otoh, they will pay for your school and teach you how to drive and all you owe them is one year.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Default a thing about refridgerated

your right thier are almost no drop and hook,
but if the usa goes the same way as canada it will say alot.

in canada you have a loading/unloading time booked, as a driver if u miss your time cause of your fault start kissing dispaches ass and have them issue you a new time and a check for a 1000 bucks, the check goes to the company ( walmart/cosco ect).

but now the companies are also gettting dinged for makeing the drivers sit around and waste time, time is money and thats both companies mottos.

but aside from highjacking the thread.... your nuts to do a lease purchase plan, you will be able to get the miles to be able to do the program, but after a while your miles will deminish and your expenses will continue to accumulate, after after busting your butt and getting a weekly check for a few dollars not the thousnads and thousands you expect,

if your willing to try and make it work, all the power to ya, but my recomendation is, go take a cooking and butchering couse, cause that road kill you see down the highways and interstates will start looking damn good after a month of only being able to afford MR. noodle!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Board Regular

Ok. I can see where it will get to be a drag. you know, the old tennessee ernie ford song, "I sold my soul to the company store."
And if you have kids, a home, bills, yadda, yadda. Then it can take a serious bite out of your life. But if you don't have bills, kids are grown, live in your truck, it could make you some cash.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Here is something else you should know about Central (and most companies) lease purchase programs.

They are not really purchase programs. You lease the truck and when the lease is done and you want to buy the truck you have to come up with more money, which is the "fair" market price of the truck, which could be $40-$50,000.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Use the search feature

L/P been proven to be a raw deal.

Not only has this topic been beaten to a bloody pulp on here, its now being processed into Soylent Green to be served at a cheap truckstop buffet.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Soylent Green is people, er, I mean Fleece Purchase. :shock:

Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

We are doing lease purchas with Arrow and we are making it BUT, I would not recommend it AT ALL. We are 90% sure we will not make it to the end of our 5yr lease. (2007 KW) we really are working on BUYING our own truck. (we should know by the end of the week)

With lease/purchase you are tied to that one company and you depend on them for your very survival. When you own your truck....if life sucks you can go elswhere.

You are going to make up your own mind but dont be afraid to take the good advice of the seasoned wise ones on this board.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
We are doing lease purchas with Arrow and we are making it BUT, I would not recommend it AT ALL. We are 90% sure we will not make it to the end of our 5yr lease. (2007 KW) we really are working on BUYING our own truck. (we should know by the end of the week)

With lease/purchase you are tied to that one company and you depend on them for your very survival. When you own your truck....if life sucks you can go elswhere.

You are going to make up your own mind but dont be afraid to take the good advice of the seasoned wise ones on this board.

tootie
I love this post,more importantly I love the signature line under it.... :shock:

Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
Alex, the biggest problem with Central is that they are a Reefer company. There is no such thing as drop and hook in the business. It is all live loading and unloading at a Walmart DC or whomever. So you have to get there and wait your turn. Your waiting and your wheels arent turning but the clock is and before you know it you have just enough time to pull out and go park someplace cause your hours are over for the day. Its not uncommon to show up at 0600 and not get loaded until 15 or 1600 and your on the clock the whole time. But, the dickheads that booked the load have you clocked out at 0800 because they know for sure it only takes 2 hours to get loaded so why are you still in Denver at 1730 when you should be in Utah by now? And why arent you delivering in San Diego tomorrow?

I got into some horrendus phone calls with loaders and finally was told to not call West Valley City again. Then again, Im an old guy and I am not afraid of them and will call B.S. when I see it. I think the building had a collective sigh of relief when I quit.

But, otoh, they will pay for your school and teach you how to drive and all you owe them is one year.
I work for Marten, we do drop and hook all the time.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government IS the problem!" - Ronald Reagan