User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Superior Carriers/Carry Transit (Lakeland)
CTL (Mulberry)
Commercial Carrier Corp./Willis Shaw Express (Auburndale)
Crete/Shaffer (Deland)

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes LCT is headquartered in Central Florida, and you'll be home enough. I've been with them for about 2 months and don't know how much longer I'll be with them. I like the company but I'm doing way too much local driving. So far every trip I leave Florida with a load and then come right back. If you get sent to Miami, you have to go to their terminal in Miami to bring up a load of flowers to their main terminal. However the flower loads aren't ready til the afternoon. So if you deliver in South Florida say 8am you will then go to miami and sit all day til flowers are ready. Bad enough if this happens every once in a while, but this is been happening every week. Then by the time you get back with the flowers (5hr trip) it's around midnight and you have to sit til the next morning to get another load.

Then you have the ones that come into florida and drop the trailer at their main terminal in central florida then head back out (I can't get on that list it seems like) then they have you deliver the load say to Orlando or something so that's another day wasted.

The good thing is if you live in Florida you will see your house a lot. I live in South Florida, so when they kidnap me to miami I go home and if it's a friday I stay home all weekend since if I bring back a load of flowers on a friday night, they will try and get you to deliver loads around Florida. I'm not driving locally for 28 cents.

I think they should set up local drivers and pay them by the hour for the Florida stuff. Other than that I like the company and am hoping they will keep me out in the 48 state runs. The training was good too. I read horror stories here about trainers but the one I had was cool. If I was driving he was in the seat next to me.

To be honest I drove local first so it wasn't like I was right out of school so he was comfortable with me.

Also, I read recently about that guys long post on FFE and the games with the pay I haven't experienced here so far.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:41 AM

MCT,a division of Comcar,has a yard in Sanford Fl,hauling tropical foliage to various parts of the country

Sanford, FL - Foliage Group
2900 W. Airport Blvd., 32771
Wats: 800-327-9430
In-State: 800-432-5534
Local: (407) 322-0251
Fax: (407) 323-2546
Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Board Regular

hey, MERRICK4, when did you attend orientation, i was there the first week of november, i'm back working at my local gig, but i have to agree with you on their orientation and training, seemed to be very honest, and willing to help out the new drivers. I didn't stay around long enough to go through the hassles you're dealing with, but they did seem like a pretty good outfit, the people over there are real nice, Amy the recruiter, and Danny Polk are class act people, hopefully things get better for you.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member

I was in orientation the second week of November. It did seem like Danny Polk did care, but recently I went to see him about sitting so much and he tried to brush me off at first. He said "what are you sitting and hour or two?" I said and hour or two? No days I'm sitting. He told me to go talk to head of operations and then come back to him if nothing works.

Well I went to head of operations and he was real nice and gave me another dispatcher and what happens? Well lets put it this way, I delivered at 9am this morning and now here it is almost midnight and I still am sitting in a truck stop waiting for a load. Yea they are nice but nice doesn't pay my bills.

One other thing, when I told my first dispatcher that Danny Polk said in orientaion that some of the stuff I'm going through should'nt be happening he said Danny Polk is basically a recruiter. Seems like one hand there doesn't know what the other one is doing.

So still I sit, I am only OTR for a couple of months but in two months will have a year on my cdl so then hopefully I can find something better.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Board Regular

sorry to hear that, like i said i didn't stay around long enough to find out what was the truth, and what was lies. One thing i did notice though is that there are constantly a ton of trucks sitting on the yard in Oka., and at the T/A up in Wildwood, and like you, not for just a couple of hours at a time, seems like days. I only stayed for a little more than a week, when i came back to turn my stuff in, one guy who had been in my orientation, was still sitting there in the yard, i sure hope he wasn't there all week But with what you're telling me, it might just be the case. And on another note, i don't know where in florida you're from, but that years worth of a cdl should help you out quite a bit when it comes to getting a good local gig, if you ever decide to be a sod hauler, hit me up with some questions, i've been doing it for a while now, and i'm learning the ropes pretty good.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Rookie

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for all the great info over the last few days.

Dan Isa Wannabe