User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csramsey640
A super 10, you only have 5 shifts. 1/2, 3/4,5/6,7/8,9/10 If you start in 1st, you flip a switch push in the clutch(dont have to) and your in 2nd, you dont have to shift the stick.
Here, Birken!!!

Cramsey640 explained it far better than I did!!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 PM

I understand how to operate the transmission. I was speaking of the physical configuration of the gears.

The main box as I understand it is only 3 gears. Since there is a range between the 2/3 gate and the 4/5 gate I think it is the same gear you are engaging just a different range.

The splitter of course operates the same as any other splitter.

If it is not cheaper then who would want it over a regular 10?

Birken
Old 01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Folks who like the shifting process? Does it really matter? It's like trying to figure out why someone buys a red KW as opposed to a black KW.............personal preference.

Going through cities with all the traffic or the interchange where there is congestion........(i.e Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, etc, etc), I love the Super 10. I can go from 3 to 4 and back a dozen times with the flip of the switch. Driving in the mountains out west, I would prefer to have a 13 speed...............maybe it's a security blanket thing, I don't know. The Super 10 does okay there, but the mental comfort knowing you got 13 at your finger tips.

Like I said, it's pure preference........what works for me, may not be your cup of tea............ain't America great. We gots choices..................
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifespalette
Quote:
Folks who like the shifting process? Does it really matter? It's like trying to figure out why someone buys a red KW as opposed to a black KW.............personal preference.

Going through cities with all the traffic or the interchange where there is congestion........(i.e Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, etc, etc), I love the Super 10. I can go from 3 to 4 and back a dozen times with the flip of the switch. Driving in the mountains out west, I would prefer to have a 13 speed...............maybe it's a security blanket thing, I don't know. The Super 10 does okay there, but the mental comfort knowing you got 13 at your finger tips.

Like I said, it's pure preference........what works for me, may not be your cup of tea............ain't America great. We gots choices..................
Unless, of course, you're in California, Ohio, etc :lol:

Ok - I just put my 1st 1,000 miles on a super-10 tranny. I still don't like it. Sure, it's nice to be able to go 9-10 without shifting, but I'd prefer a straight 10.